Thread: Kral NP02 Customisation

Smile Kral NP02 Customisation

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Kral NP02, I will admit it was a bit of a knee-jerk decision and while I like the rifle I am not sure I can live with it.

I have a couple of issues. the Pull length is a bit much for me and quite uncomfortable, I have seen a 3d printed solution but not sure I want that strapped to the rifle bottle, i know i should have tried it first but it is what it is now.

The second issue is the weight, it seems overly heavy for what it is, although it does have a heavy scope on it.

I had thought about removing the rear bottle and fitting the NP03 stock, but to do this I will need to remove the copper tube from the front chamber that goes to the rear bottle, if anyone knows what size fitting i can use to seal where the copper tube went previously, I am not concerned about a lower shot count.

I also would like to regulate it, I can buy a regulator for the np03 that I am assuming will fit in place, if not then swap the front chamber for the np03 version.

I must stress I do not want the power to change I am very conscious of that.

I appreciate it is likely cheaper just to swap the rifle out, which is another option, but there is some fun in customising it.

Any help or thoughts would be fantastic.

The thread for the copper tube is 1/8bsp.
    The bottle can be taken off.
    The NP02 can't really be regulated as the bottle connects after the regulator.

I would shoot a shot curve against pressure before fitting a regulator. You may find you don't actually need one.

It may be cheaper in the long run to trade in the np02 for an np03.

Have fun.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I didn't think the np02 had any regulator and hoped the np03 would sit inline with the air chamber on the front .

Hmm think swapping it may be easier if no regulation is possible.

I've not found and real issues with the np02 and pressure drop it's still very accurate, guess I am looking to make it the best it can be.

Yes, I know I should have researched more before pulling the trigger

Once the bottle is removed, you can regulate the rifle.
    If the np03 stock is a straight swap then all would good.
    If you need lots of different brackets, then may not be cost effective.
    Regulators for the kral usually fit in the cylinder as the firing valve is in the cylinder "bung."
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Thank you again for your advice, I am beginning to wonder if its better to let it go. Its going to be at least £150 to mod it. A replacement user rifle that fits is likely a lot less if I sell the NP02.

Will teach me with that knee jerk decision, real shame it's not the NP03

Why not simply swap out the rear bottle for a smaller carbon item, that sorts out pull length and weight

Not sure trigger is in same place for npo3 stock ?

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Why not simply swap out the rear bottle for a smaller carbon item, that sorts out pull length and weight

Not sure trigger is in same place for npo3 stock ?

Chris
    Interesting, I will look into that, it will help the weight as well.

I am taking a punt on it being the same, the NP02 is based off the 1 as i understand, the Webley Eclipse is the same as the NP02 but I cannot find any stock available for them.

I will check out carbon bottles, thanks for the pointer

Im sure the blocks look similar but trigger arranging for Krals range puts various options into block machining and trigger sets, cocking may be okay on other side but some sears won’t/ don’t fit and pressure gauges often fitted in wrong place and foul.

Id fit a smaller carbon bottle as its simple and effective, or just get the npo3 if thats what you want. The npo2 front cylinder is small and you will only get 25 shots max Id guess, the npo3 delivers around 40 in .177.

Ali express is cheap for carbon bottles of all sizes
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Im sure the thread is m18 but check that out

Ive used these on other projects

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...2-76207099897e

Anyone know what thread and size, of the hammer adjuster that screws into back of block is thanks. Atb mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Anyone know what thread and size, of the hammer adjuster that screws into back of block is thanks. Atb mick
    Might have been M20 x 1mm... I made a few on the lathe, but can't be certain just going from memory now as it was a while ago.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks shed tuner.Atb mick

I also jumped in

When these first hit the shops, I grabbed one and dressed it up, even bought the butt reducer to gain eye relief.
    Since then I have not even zeroed the scope, as I lost interest in modern PCPs
    It must be age....

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Im sure the thread is m18 but check that out

Ive used these on other projects

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...2-76207099897e

I had a quick look earlier at Ali, but need to measure up the bottle diameter and length to find a suitable one, thank you for the link I was confused with the plethora of bottles on there.

Should these be hydrotested before fitting, do we trust them out of the box, 200bar is a lot of pop if it goes

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonk View Post
    I had a quick look earlier at Ali, but need to measure up the bottle diameter and length to find a suitable one, thank you for the link I was confused with the plethora of bottles on there.

Should these be hydrotested before fitting, do we trust them out of the box, 200bar is a lot of pop if it goes
    They dont need testing and Ive not had or seen any issues with these, Ive bought seven various bottles from Ali and zero problems. Plus if you buy a 300bar you’ll never worry as the Kral is 200max