Thread: Hw 35

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hw 35 main spring.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I haven't been tempted, personally, to have to strip a new rifle out of the box, so would go along with Paul's comments above. I can't remember seeing any recent posts indicating poorly cropped springs these days. Hopefully, that's a thing of the past?
    However, Monsieur Tinbum will have had more first hand experience in recent times as to the state of factory fresh guns, so that could tempt me to re-think........
    If you didn't particularly want to strip, but would feel more assured as regards lubrication (and if the rifle shoots nicely), I suppose you could do a "half way house" job by whipping the stock off and applying a small amount of moly grease to the coils and cylinder area behind the back of the piston using a narrow, plastic implement. Also a tiny smear along accessible contact areas of the cocking lever and slot, not forgetting the cocking shoe "horn" that locates into the piston slot. A little gun oil on the safety catch might not go amiss, either.
    Whichever route you take, enjoy.
    Many thanks for your replies I appreciate it. As commented a cropped spring should be a thing of the past, I hope I’m lucky. What I will do is whip the spring out to check and carefully re grease and post my findings on here to finalise my query. It may be of interest to see what is offered by Weihrauch today. All the best. Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLENMOORE View Post
    Many thanks for your replies I appreciate it. As commented a cropped spring should be a thing of the past, I hope I’m lucky. What I will do is whip the spring out to check and carefully re grease and post my findings on here to finalise my query. It may be of interest to see what is offered by Weihrauch today. All the best. Allen.
    Yes, it would be very interesting to read your findings; thank you. And do enjoy that lovely rifle.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!