Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bsa supersport custom

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    According to what I have observed, there are basically three versions of the supersport/lightning/superstar trigger:

-Early Supersport, with plastic trigger grip with no pseudo two stage. A variation of this was also used on the Meteor Mk5.

-The first pseudo two stage with machined aluminiuim trigger grip, used on some later Birmingham Supersports, Lightnings, Superstars and the Custom Supersport. I believe some of these were "gold" anodized, while most were black.

-The latest cast metal pseudo two stage trigger grip. This was more rounded than the machined aluminium version, and used on Birmingham guns and the early spanish made guns. Models I've seen the on are Supersports, XL lightnings, Supesport Tactical and XL Tactical.
    My one has the second version you describe, the early Lightning I picked up last year had the plastic trigger.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

When I bought my first Supersport back in 1988 I went for the standard one to avoid the Maxigrip scope rail. I then bought the Custom stock for it, as it was more suited to scope use. When I sold the rifle I re-fitted the standard stock and the Custom item is the one that you have now, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Supersport Custom

I bought one of these new back in the day and it was one of the few airguns I regret selling. From what I remember the stock had what was described by BSA as a ‘walnut finish’ to the beech, although better than the standard stock it looked nothing like walnut

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    I bought one of these new back in the day and it was one of the few airguns I regret selling. From what I remember the stock had what was described by BSA as a ‘walnut finish’ to the beech, although better than the standard stock it looked nothing like walnut

Yep it just looks like a stained beech stock but handles well.