Thread: Origina/Diana Mod. 35S....power

Origina/Diana Mod. 35S....power

Morning all.

I'm refurbing a couple of Original Mod.35 S rifles, .177 and .22cal

They have both had very little use looking at the cocking lever linkage slide/guide, so piston seals are in almost perfect condition. I'm just giving them a soak in Neatsfoot Oil for a couple of days, wipe/dry off, then back in they go.

Replacing the mainsprings with genuine UK power Diana springs, new breech seals etc.

Now.... what did these air rifles run at power wise when they were new out of the factory ? I'm not looking to 'up' the power just get them both as close to original specification as I can.

Oh....I'm reducing the length of the spring guide slightly to facilitate the fitting of a delrin top hat... just to make then a little smoother to shoot.

Thanks in anticipation.

C :-)

Not sure about 'out of the box' but my notes give a range as: 10.4 +/- 0.4 across .177 and .22. for a range of ages. .22 generally c. 575fps for Crosman Premier.
    I am pretty sure I have seen higher figures quoted (different pellets) but maybe the firing cycle was becoming a tad harsh.
    Whatever, I tend to regard them as lower output compared to other HW full size rifles.
    Cheers, Phil

The 35’s were/are lovely rifles and nice quality (and I love their 2 stage triggers) but they were not in the same league as their contemporary competitors (eg FWB sport, BSF 55,70 etc) so 10 Ftlbs is what my experience is of them. I have one left in my collection and it’s sitting at about 9.5…lovely to shoot, so that’s where I’m leaving it!!

Yep, 10.5 in 22 tops

Often 9 in 177

Lovely trigger (but get someone else to take to bits lol)

From memory my 22 liked Superdome, and most other RWS, and 15.9 jsb /aa
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Yep…another vote here for Superdomes in my .22 one!

Thanks for the responses, so long as they are running at around 10ftlbs I'll be happy. Ball bearing trigger is easy to install if you have the right tools...... mine is a hosepipe connector with a notch cut into it for the 'spring/nail' retainer to sit in....a blob of molly grease in each of the holes before you put the ball bearings in holds them in place and allows you to install trigger assembly back into the maintube. .. works every time for me.