Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw99-sr?

Hw99-sr?

For various reasons my other projects are on hold, so I've started on something hopefully a bit easier that I've wanted to do for a while.
    A stock that can have a standard break barrel action dropped into it without any modifications. It will probably look similar to the 'mechano' style target rifles, with adjustable everything and bolt on cheek/grip set. But most importantly it will have a built in sledge system.
    (It could be built into a wooden stock but I don't have the tools or know-how for that).

I started transfering my rough sketches into CAD models last night and it's looking feasible.
    It will be based on a sliding pin system like the FWB300 or Diana Airking. No need to reinvent the wheel! The difference is it will be be more powerful than the FWB, and lighter than the Diana.

With aluminium body and plastic grip/cheek/buttpad, target weight is 3kg / 6.6 lbs

I'm going to do the 99 first (lightweight full UK power recoiless)
    Then either an HW30 (fully adjustable bell target version) or a 57 (lightweight recoiless underlever)

Brilliant ideas.

Will very much look forward to seeing these come to fruition.

Uncle Mick (T20) did a B2 using the sledge and HW77 stock that amazes many people.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

be nice to se when done

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    like the Norica sledge stock ?

https://noricaairguns.com/en/norica-omnia-zrs-2/

I do think it's a good concept... basicaly 80% of the benefit for 20% of the cost/effort.

I'd suggest Hw95 is probably a more popular platform though (note I said popular, not necesarily better)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    like the Norica sledge stock ?

https://noricaairguns.com/en/norica-omnia-zrs-2/

I do think it's a good concept... basicaly 80% of the benefit for 20% of the cost/effort.

I'd suggest Hw95 is probably a more popular platform though (note I said popular, not necesarily better)
    My understanding is that the Norica ZRS is a 'tube within a tube' like an anschutz 380 or the Micks recoiless B2.
    My plan is for a sliding pin system like a FWB or Diana Airking. But the end result will be similar.

I think the 95/80/90 platforms would probably see the biggest benefit, but the single piece cocking linkage is a slight issue.
    The 99 is a bit easier to test it out on.

Looking forward to seeing more about this, it sounds like a great idea mate

I have a soft spot for the HW30, the sled concept is something I can see me buying. Watching with interest.

The advantage of a tube within a tube could be less machining. Tube is cheap, fabricated parts are pricey.

Update on the HW99-SR

Quick video showing roughly how it works.
    There has been zero development on this yet, literally just put it together, so it's a bit rough around the edges

Now that looks tremendous. I look forward to seeing how it develops...
    Well done Sir.
    Cheers, Phil

Yep, will watch later.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Quick video showing roughly how it works.
    There has been zero development on this yet, literally just put it together, so it's a bit rough around the edges

I like that 👍🏻

All of the above.

Nice one, Dan.

A bit of testing today, and a classic 'pellet recoil test'. It's just rested on a hard surface in this clip and some vibration is coming through the stock. More work to do!

Sign me up..😉