Thread: Dive cylinder/tank delivery????

Dive cylinder/tank delivery????

Evening all. I’ve recently had the need to look into sending/receiving dive cylinders and am now a bit confused.
    I know that none of the “ usual suspects” will take them under pressure ( understandably ) but empty or with valves removed seems a grey area with very little concrete info out there that I can find. I’ve come across a lot of posts in various places, mainly diving forum threads that google has thrown up, where people say empty them, wrap them well and think carefully about how you describe the contents and all will be well, but just because it worked for them doesn’t necessarily mean it’s right/acceptable/safe etc’…..

Anyone have any experiences at all they could share please, or some firm info would be most welcome.

TIA
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

When we sell them mail order, we empty the cylinders and send via Parcel Force with a sticker on the outside saying empty of air. Had no issues so far, however we have an RFD account.

i bought one through post years ago delivered as above

I advertised a used, in date, 3 litre cylinder on this forum, and found a buyer in Wales. A dive shop in Aylesbury was happy to send it for me, I think it was £16, they packed it. Buyer was disgruntled because it arrived empty..
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

7 or 8 years ago I received a 7 litre 300 bar cylinder empty, took it to a dive shop and got it filled, so if sent they seem to come empty. Just do the same if flogging your own and all should be groovy.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Quote Originally Posted by CORKY. View Post
    I advertised a used, in date, 3 litre cylinder on this forum, and found a buyer in Wales. A dive shop in Aylesbury was happy to send it for me, I think it was £16, they packed it. Buyer was disgruntled because it arrived empty..
    Then the buyer is a bit unaware of what a damaged 232 or 300 bar cylinder can do if - say, the valve is damaged. Perfectly intelligent action to transport a but of high pressure gear
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Thanks again guys, always good to hear all the options. Turns out it was all academic as they ended up picking them up from me in person so awkwardness averted 👍.
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..