Quote Originally Posted by HW777 View Post
It's not coming across that way at all What an odd statement, they don't fly flat or hit hard
they don't fly as flat, or hit as hard and generally they are the two reasons for choosing either .177 or .22.

You seem intent on derailing this thread
No not in the slightest, this thread, just like the "what power level to set your rifle at" is interesting. Much better than numerous what ya favourite colour threads.

Every calibre has it's own merits yet you can't see pass your own point of view which is very narrow @ only .177
I can see past .177, have used all calibres and FAC air. Like Mr Bear says it could be HFT mentality, but my opinion is also based on a lot of experience. I have also said many times HFT and FT is a hunting simulation competition. Go take your .20,.22 and .25 and see how you get on. Every plate you hit is a wounded animal!!
I could do all my shooting with any of the other calibres, but it wouldn't be as easy as with .177, and that is my main point, .177 sub 12 is the easiest to get on with and achieve good results so surely this makes it the best calibre sub 12.