Thread: 20 Calibre saves a lot of hassle discuss

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All four of the standard air rifle calibres have their place, my own experience with .20 is my HW97, which shoots FTT's beautifully a bit below 700fps. A good compromise between .177 and .22.

The .20 is a very underrated calibre most have not even tried it and gave it a chance that is why it has not taken off as good as .22 or .177 i had a rapid in.20 it was amazing the only big let down is pellet availability when you want them they just about out of stock everywhere and not many manufactures do them --i have not long sold it as this lead ban we keep hearing about worried me in being stuck with a gun i could not feed--so have gone back two now my main calibre .22 just because i can stock up with pellets the most i have a another gun in .177 but rarely use it and a small stash of pellets for it --if manufactures made more .20 there would have being more .20s sold over the years i can remember when if you wanted a .20 you had to buy a Sheridan pump up Then Theoben started offering them then later HW but it was then to late --we keep hearing about .30 and .35 these are not new back when i had a .25 Sharp innova when they were unheard of A barrel for .30 was available but no commercial ammo over here I think if Steve Harper had being taken up with his barrels sooner we might have been shooting .20s .25s.30s motr now

As JSR are out off stock of Trophy's had a quick look to see who had stock, doesn't seem to be a scarcity of 20 cal in stock, which work in 90 percent of 20 cals (as everyone who has a 20 cal will confirm even when Superfield were an actual option, which never shot as tight or efficient generally)

The JSB go in a few better, and at FAC can be better, lots of them in stock too

Of course if you want to mess about all the time with different pellets ......or pay a lot for that certain Czech brand .....go figure
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34