Thread: Springer proof scopes - recommendations

Question Springer proof scopes - recommendations

Setting up a new, new to me, springer. Have always used Bushnell scopes on spring air and would welcome real world recommendations for other springer proof scopes worth their weight, only stipulation being not Chinese made. TIA

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p132870-bu...ush-rp4124bs3/

Nope, you are right with Bushnell just carry on ……..
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

https://www.jsramsbottom.com/bsa-emd...ope-sight.html

Or for a cheapy of these

It will upset many, but now Nikon have gone - the BSA is as good as more expensive scopes, and the Bushnell is heaps better than all the fancy light up scopes optically (including those that cost a lot more)

So it’s one price bracket or the other, or pointless money in the middle

Hawke scope

This model was not available when I purchased the 44 mm version BUT I believe that this would be an excellent choice.

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30...40-amx-ir.html

44 mm model.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    This model was not available when I purchased the 44 mm version BUT I believe that this would be an excellent choice.

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30...40-amx-ir.html

44 mm model.

I think the bit below is important to the OP (Bushnell Prime are not Chinese made)

only stipulation being not Chinese made. TIA

Does the OP mean not generic-Chinese made and badged by a cheap brand, or what? There's Chinese and there's Chinese. Not all are the same. Hawke is a good example of that.

Have to agree with you on Bushnell, all of mine are 15 years old and made in the Phillipines, superb scopes. I also have a few Simmons whitetail pro made in same location. All these scopes seam to hold their value but are available SH.

It seams unless you pay a high premium for a top scope, they all seam to be made in China. The Hawke airmax range seam good quality and made for spring airguns and guaranteed for life, they have etched glass reticles so there is no wire to break, can't ask for anymore really.

Quote Originally Posted by Winceby View Post
    Have to agree with you on Bushnell, all of mine are 15 years old and made in the Phillipines, superb scopes. I also have a few Simmons whitetail pro made in same location. All these scopes seam to hold their value but are available SH.

It seams unless you pay a high premium for a top scope, they all seam to be made in China. The Hawke airmax range seam good quality and made for spring airguns and guaranteed for life, they have etched glass reticles so there is no wire to break, can't ask for anymore really.
    Are Hawke airmax now offered with a life time guarantee ? Last I looked it was 10 years and that's what I believe these scopes were made to last for, a limited life span very much like everything made now days, make so you have to replace and line the makers pockets by buying again.
    Hw77+7

According to Hawkes product catalogue it states under each scope "

Hawke no fault lifetime warranty".

I agree at some point the scope has got to be beyond repair but as long as Hawke are prepared to repair it, that's a dam good warranty in this age.

Is the Hawke warranty a repair warranty or is it just a bin and replace cost added to each unit warranty?

Really wanted to avoid this wormhole by stating non Chin.

Any other non-fail recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Spix View Post
    Setting up a new, new to me, springer. Have always used Bushnell scopes on spring air and would welcome real world recommendations for other springer proof scopes worth their weight, only stipulation being not Chinese made. TIA
    Where are you going to find a scope within your budget not made in China or made from parts produced in China? Your options will be very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by 4end View Post
    Where are you going to find a scope within your budget not made in China or made from parts produced in China? Your options will be very limited.
    What budget?