Hi all,

Just a few questions please regarding the Webley Viscount, found one today in excellent nick, unfortunately I'm not overly clued up on Webleys but have read they shared a few parts between models, now if I'm honest I really wanted a Tracker but they don't come up very often, the questions I'm asking are, can a Stingray/Xocet tuning kit be fitted (as I have a kit here) as I'm sure they are not much different inside from model to model, how does the barrel fit into the cylinder (Yes you've guessed it I'm thinking of shortening the barrel) and does it have a choke and lastly what is needed to fit the 2 stage trigger to it?

I have a Webley Xocet XS two stage trigger here that I tried fitting today, it physically fits and the gun can be cocked but it wouldn't release the sears unless the trigger was almost pulled so far back you felt it was going to snap the trigger, I realise the stock inletting will need opening out a bit to fit it in the stock, I even fitted the Xocet trigger spring that drops into the cylinder as it was slightly shorter and doesn't feel as strong as the Viscounts, it still wouldn't let go easily, does the Xocet sear need fitting? (I've not compared them to see if they are the same).

All in all a lovely rifle and fitted in the Walnut Tracker stock I aquired the other week, it just raises it up that level, now here comes the moral question, do I shorten the barrel and make the Tracker I really want or do I keep it as is and keep the purests happy?

The Webley part of my collection is now complete.

Your advice please gents.