Thread: Brocock AG13RB / RAP4 servicing?

Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, South West Wales

Brocock AG13RB / RAP4 servicing?

Hello all,

Does anyone know anybody who services the Brocock AG13 or RAP 4 Co2 rifles? Or failing someone who has had one apart before?

I have one of these pretty rare rifles and shoots intermittently. When it works it works great but these days it mostly fails to fire altogether.

If you hadn't heard of them they are pretty cool guns that can sling a 6mm plastic BB at near 1000fps in semi automatic. Based on a paintball marker and a similar model, the RAP 4 fires .43cal paintballs and ejects a spent shell.

if anyone has anything to do with these please let me know?

kind regards

There are a couple of paintball suppliers selling Rams who may be able to service the RAP4... I had an MP5 great fun, but not seen anything for a while....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakine View Post
    Hello all,

Does anyone know anybody who services the Brocock AG13 or RAP 4 Co2 rifles? Or failing someone who has had one apart before?

I have one of these pretty rare rifles and shoots intermittently. When it works it works great but these days it mostly fails to fire altogether.

If you hadn't heard of them they are pretty cool guns that can sling a 6mm plastic BB at near 1000fps in semi automatic. Based on a paintball marker and a similar model, the RAP 4 fires .43cal paintballs and ejects a spent shell.

if anyone has anything to do with these please let me know?

kind regards

I own 7 of these

rap4/RAM/aps were all manufactured by the qian wei paintball company, they were marketed for a while under the rap4 name but more recently under the "APS real action marker" brand

they are very complex in design and build, and leak for a laugh. Spares are incredibly difficult to source, especially the shell "kicker" arms as they wear out the more you use them and will eventually need replacing. I acquired a huge collection of spares many years ago from a very nice chap who had bought a job-lot from brocock, as at the time brocock were releasing them through a limited edition run with the shell kicker system removed and the 6mm and 4.5mm BB conversion kits fitted - these conversions were very popular over on the umarex boys club many years ago

this is a picture of a METS yellow dot core disassembled

these are the official breakdown drawings

all the seals in these markers are standard british "BS" sizes, and it can be difficult to track down the polyurethane ones

i've owned a LOT of these markers over the years and it took me a LONG time to track down these guides, I have also sent you the maintenance manual in PDF form, the latter part shows you how to repair whichever leak you have. A word of caution, DO NOT remove the velocity and/or rate of fire valves unless you know for certain the seals need replacing as you will not be able to set them up again without the pressure gauge - at a push you could mark them before removal then count the turns as they undo

I doubt very much whether you get near the 1000fps you claim? they can run on either CO2 or HPA from a regulated paintball bottle. The design means the marker operates in a similar fashion to a "cork gun" because of the way the launching rod works. It basically gets pressed over the O-rings on the "steer wind pipe" by the main spring (24lbs of pressure). When you pull the trigger pressure builds up behind the launching rod. When the pressure reaches a certain point, the press/friction fit of the rod on the O-rings finally gives and it goes flying forward, using pressure and momentum to overcome the extremely strong main spring.

The problem to getting more power is that even with a higher PSI air source, the "cork" still pops at the same low pressure. Some have tried up to 1500PSI and gained hardly any power (power adjuster internals removed). Even if a higher PSI netted higher power, the trigger becomes impossible to pull since it directly opens a valve at full air source pressure. This may be overcome by trying 90 shore seals but if they're too stiff or too big the main spring won't be able to re-seat the launching rod

hope this helps

Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, South West Wales
    Stu thank you so much for all your help with this, I got you PM and the email containing the M4 manual. I am going to save the documents in this thread too. This give me plenty to go off, really cannot express my thanks enough for this!