Thread: What a lovely example of the Webley Mark 2 rifle

What a lovely example of the Webley Mark 2 rifle

Appeared on Facebook this morning. What a looker! Fall for good wood every time. After looking a while that doesn’t look like a standard stock?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Appeared on Facebook this morning. What a looker! Fall for good wood every time. After looking a while that doesn’t look like a standard stock?

Nice air rifle but I'd agree with you that the stock dosent appear to be standard. The chequering panel appears to be different in that it looks as if it extends both higher & lower than some. Can't see for sure but is the chequering the same lpi?

Nice Rifle !

Whoever made that box certainly didn't want it falling to pieces, as some substantial lumber went into its construction !

Lakey

Others will come along shortly and make more definitive statements regarding the stock, but it looks to me as if a lot of wood has been removed in the pistol grip/chequering area of the stock and it's then been refinished. Just a guess and I'd be interested to hear other's opinions.

Having said that, my overall opinion of the whole gun is very positive and most of those that I come across are in far worse condition.

Vic T

looks very nice

Very nice

That's a lovely rifle. I've got a .25 Mk 11, but not in such nice condition. Which is best to own, a rare model or a mint one? Answer - both Ha! Ha!
    Mike O'D

Every collector should have one

Thumbs up

Lovely vintage rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O'Donoghue View Post
    That's a lovely rifle. I've got a .25 Mk 11, but not in such nice condition. Which is best to own, a rare model or a mint one? Answer - both Ha! Ha!
    Mike O'D
    Agreed!
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.