Thread: Valuation wanted for two new Phosphor Bronze Piston Rings and Webley Senior Piston.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the replies to date folks, and the items will be listed for sale shortly on the BBS.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Senior piston ring - S4 - is approximately 21.2mm in diameter and 2.3mm cross section.

Thanks for the posting Troubledshooter. They are approx 2.3mm in depth where they fit in to the piston slot, and maybe of 21.5mm uncompressed dia, compressing down to maybe 20.0mm min dia.

Just out of interest do you have any idea of the Piston Ring sizes for the Webley MkI and MkII Air Rifles (if applicable (in part as mentally I've always thought of the MkI as being "a big Air Pistol")).

Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 08-02-2023 at 02:33 PM.

You are correct Vic, I've just checked mine again and only one is 21.2mm uncompressed, so could be a used example, the other two are 21.5mm uncompressed.

I bought a new Service piston ring years ago on fleabay then misplaced it for ages, It recently turned up again..

These are the measurements..

Uncompressed od

Compressed od

uncompressed id

Width

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I bought a new Service piston ring years ago on fleabay then misplaced it for ages, It recently turned up again..

John..
    Hi John,

It's Senior piston rings we are discussing, not Service, but I daresay those Service piston ring measurements may come in useful in the future, if anybody can be arsed to use the SEARCH facility, which so many seem incapable of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Hi John,

It's Senior piston rings we are discussing, not Service, but I daresay those Service piston ring measurements may come in useful in the future, if anybody can be arsed to use the SEARCH facility, which so many seem incapable of doing.

Whoops!, I could have sworn I read that Vic asked for sizes of a Service piston ring too!, I think my grey matter must be dying off at an alarming rate!!

EDIT, Just read through the posts again, He asked in post No6 for mk1 and mk2 rifles, I have a mk1 but it's in the far end of the gunroom and i've never had it apart!!
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/