Thread: Fb record model 2

Fb record model 2

Anyone had one or know anything about them? As in are they half decent?
    There's was a cheap boxed one on guntrader

I have a couple, one is the same as that one and another probably an earlier version with a very basic fixed rear sight as a notch in the cylinder end plug, this one is broken as they are made from cheap monkey metal and the cylinder end where the end plug is bolted through has torn out. It would still be safe as it bolts in from both the top and the bottom however imagine the spring & end plug shooting out and hitting you in the eye! The broken one I've had has always been broken in my ownership and never thrown out having it as a boy in a "trade" since the late 70's. When it did fire you could walk to the target before the pellet arrived as it was well worn out

Cheaply made, cocking links are sloppy pinned trough and fixed with circlips.

The one listed looks tidy and in the box is probably worth that but only just, I think the better one of my two was considerably less.
    Fine if it has a place in your collection but a little light plinking only, I wouldn't suggest working one too hard.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ptTHC7t
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Cheers Steve nice review,
    I bought it anyway as you say it's quote cheap and boxes so will go in my collection and I don't really plan using it much. I've already got a jumbo and looking for a champion so it fills a gap

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Our member ptdunk (Matt) is quite a fan of this little, cheap pistol, and he knows a thing or two about target shooting.

See this post: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...ghlight=Record

I’ve always thought these were (are? I think they were still in production recently and may still be) one of the best of the bargain basement pistols, and definitely a cut above the IGI/Gun Toys/Panther stuff.

i seem to remember a farmers son using one up the farm not long ago for plinking

Well it was cheap so i took a punt,arrives today,will try it out the weekend