Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valuation Please: hw77k with tyrolean stock

Valuation Please: hw77k with tyrolean stock

Its in .22 and looking a bit sorry for itself. Underlever is pitted and most of barrel has lost its blueing. Stock is in "fair" condition

Weihrauch Database says the serial number: "Your Weihrauch product was probably manufactured in 1985 - 1991."

I can get some pic's taken tomorrow.

I'd prefer a springer in .177 for HFT so wondering how much I would get for it to put towards a TX200.

Cheers

Hw77k

Do you know if the stock is a factory weihrauch tryolean or another companies from the 80s? Pics will of course help when posted. Mach 1.5

I braved the cold...

a few more...

HW77K Factory Tryolean

Original HW stock. Yes a little rough but I would say around £400ish due to condition. May I ask what the first 3 digits of the serial number. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Original HW stock. Yes a little rough but I would say around £400ish due to condition. May I ask what the first 3 digits of the serial number. Mach 1.5
    Thanks. What tells you its an original HW stock? 1st 3 digits: 113

Weihrauch.

I've been collecting HW's since 1983 and have the 80, 77 and 85 factory tryolean's. So yes it's a weihrauch factory tryolean. Ser no. dates it from 1988 / 89 so i dare say the stock is orginal to action as there were produced 1987 onwards but didn't sell that well due to the cost. Jan 1987 price 225 for 77 and the 80 was £210. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 09-02-2023 at 08:20 PM.

If I were you I would get a .177" action to drop into that lovely stock
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I did think of that! My cheek is quite comfy in that stock. Took a bit of fiddling to adjust the scopes eye relief. Can you buy just the action?

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Couldn’t agree more
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

I would love to have my old lefthanded Tyrolean stocked 77 back.... Feeling very nostalgic

Quote Originally Posted by prdad View Post
    I did think of that! My cheek is quite comfy in that stock. Took a bit of fiddling to adjust the scopes eye relief. Can you buy just the action?
    People buy another rifle and swap actions, your stock is walnut which adds value and would refinish a treat

Mach 1.5 did a post recently where a stock like yours sold for big bucks, check his recent posts.

If you were to sell this 77 most would be buying just for the stock.

It would be nice if you could find a .177 77 action of the same age as the rifle already is, although your more likely to pick up a 77k than a rifle 77.
    Hw77+7

Not left hand like yours, this was 400 quid 3 years ago.

Baz
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Didn’t one of these (stock alone) sell for £600 recently?

Given the relatively low cost of restoring these professionally I’d be tempted to send the stock to Nath over on the other forum or Craig-p here and get the metalwork reblued.

Cost wise that would be £65 and £100 respectively off the top of my head. Mach 1.5 can advise on the likelihood of the action being the more desirable 25mm version of the Mk2 based on the serial.

77 Tryolean

Yes that would be 25mm internals for that period of rifle. Let's not get carried away with the price of the stock, the one on Evil bay was very nicely figured and someone paid over the odds for it in my opinion!! I wonder if the new owner realised it had been refinished once he received it?, This one isn't the best of walnut but still rare all the same. Reblue £110, Stock to be professionally refinished about £100 plus and don't forget a service so £60. Mach 1.5