Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valuation Please: hw77k with tyrolean stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Yes that would be 25mm internals for that period of rifle. Let's not get carried away with the price of the stock, the one on Evil bay was very nicely figured and someone paid over the odds for it in my opinion!! I wonder if the new owner realised it had been refinished once he received it?, This one isn't the best of walnut but still rare all the same. Reblue £110, Stock to be professionally refinished about £100 plus and don't forget a service so £60. Mach 1.5
    That sounds doable. I'm interested in setting the stock up with a 177 action. While a period correct action would be ideal, that could take a while to track down. If I bought a new Hw77k in 177, would it be a straight swap or has the fit changed over the years?

Yes a new 77k action will fit in your stock. MK2 actions are a little hard to track down these days. Look also for a MK3 action with the press button release under lever catch rather than the thumb version which is on the MK2 77's. A 97 action will also fit. Mach 1.5

I recently bought a factory tyrolean HW77 stock on the other forum. I paid 400 quid for the stock. It is in very good condition with no significant marks and hasn't been drilled for a swivel. The walnut is nice but not so fancy as the one which sold on xxxx. I've always wanted one of these and have had a very low intensity search on for about 25 years LOL. 400 was my red line for one of these stocks, but if you price up a CS600 with nice walnut then send it somewhere for proper checkering then you are probably looking at even more. Fortunately I already owned a .177 MK2 HW77 fitted with a V-Mach kit. The bluing is a little thin but the rig looks great as it is, I've got a Tasco AG2-7 x 32 on there so it's a sort of 1987 time warp FT rig.

I mostly shoot standing in my back garden these days and get on very well with the T stocks. As well as the 77 I'm lucky to have a factory tyrolean Webley Vulcan and a 1960s Walther LGV T.

The OP's stock just needs a little TLC, no reason why it can't be done DIY, you only need to spend a few pennies on wire wool, acetone, oil etc. and give it a few hours.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

I've just finished a factory HW tyrolean stock as it happens.
    This one wasn't as rough was the example shown here but had still seen a bit of action. I made some retro brass forend cups and inlet them flush into the forend, then refinished and rechequered the whole thing.
    It's going back to it's owner in the United States next week.

Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    This one wasn't as rough was the example shown here but had still seen a bit of action. I made some retro brass forend cups and inlet them flush into the forend, then refinished and rechequered the whole thing.

Very very nice Craig 👍
    My Tyro looks similar to the original top picture but with no dings and it as a darker finish.
    I’m tempted for you to work your magic on my one,but part of me wants to keep it original.
    Have you started on my 300s stock by the way?.
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Very very nice Craig ��
    My Tyro looks similar to the original top picture but with no dings and it as a darker finish.
    I’m tempted for you to work your magic on my one,but part of me wants to keep it original.
    Have you started on my 300s stock by the way?.
    Atb
    Les..
    Cheers mate - they're a swine to sand with all of the convex curves and huge panels of chequering to recut - but it's all worth it when finished and they have a new lease of life.
    They have a coloured lacquer finish from factory which can hide some lovely figuring. Here's another I did late last year showing just that as I was removing the original finish:

Yes, I've started your FWB stock - I'll text you some photographs when it's in a suitable state ( doesn't look very pretty at the moment! )

Stay well, Craig

Cheers mate - they're a swine to sand with all of the convex curves and huge panels of chequering to recut - but it's all worth it when finished and they have a new lease of life.
    They have a coloured lacquer finish from factory which can hide some lovely figuring. Here's another I did late last year showing just that as I was removing the original finish:

Yes, I've started your FWB stock - I'll text you some photographs when it's in a suitable state ( doesn't look very pretty at the moment! )

Stay well, Craig
    I see what you mean regarding the original factory finish,it’s hard to see any figuring on my stock at the moment.
    Looking forward to seeing the finished stock 😉, and catching up at the next Boinger Bash :cool.
    Take care and will be seeing you soon.
    Atb
    Les..

I’ve got an absolutely mint HW77K mk2 action in .177
    From a collection and looks unfired.
    Pm me for details.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I see what you mean regarding the original factory finish,it’s hard to see any figuring on my stock at the moment.
    Looking forward to seeing the finished stock 😉, and catching up at the next Boinger Bash :cool.
    Take care and will be seeing you soon.
    Atb
    Les..
    You too, mate. See you in a few months time.
    Best, Craig

With your craftsmanship befitting of a exhibition grade walnut Craig

A picture gallery on this forum would be a welcome feature
    Hw77+7

A cracking job on that one craig i dont know how you find time to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by mr dink View Post
    A cracking job on that one craig i dont know how you find time to shoot
    I don’t mate. I’ve not shot a competition since the Paul James shoot last year.
    Which reminds me, I must dust off my TX ready for this years shoot.
    Come along if you can, great day out.
    Best, Craig

Thats really focused my mind on what the stock could be. Whats the turnaround for a job like that Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by prdad View Post
    Thats really focused my mind on what the stock could be. Whats the turnaround for a job like that Craig?
    With a clear workbook and no distractions ( such as school holidays, DIY requests from SWMBO or any other natural disaster ), a couple of weeks.

Beautiful work on that stock Craig!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.