Thread: Enviro Lead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It seems that its made to the same BS as ordinary lead sheet so >99% pure. I was just a little wary as the seller was offering it at a little less the half the going rate.

Anyway, I collected a 6m roll today and its very good - soft lead, no oxidation as it was dated Sept 2022.

Now hopefully I can use it before it gets banned.....

Steve.

I've experimented with Bismuth/Tin sold as a lead free substitute for model soldiers. It works okay but is fiercely expensive compared to (free) lead pipes salvaged from my neighbours extension! There's a firm in the USA that make an alternative to lead which a lot of States have banned already. As far as I am aware it's not readily available in the UK yet.

I am pretty certain the ban will come, I may be wrong but after all, anything with 'an environment issue' attached to the Bill will have millions of people rallying around it. I would just like to be ready for the nay-sayers when it happens. One small point, has anyone seen the YouTube video of the Lithium miners in China? And they complain about lead??

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    It seems that its made to the same BS as ordinary lead sheet so >99% pure. I was just a little wary as the seller was offering it at a little less the half the going rate.

Anyway, I collected a 6m roll today and its very good - soft lead, no oxidation as it was dated Sept 2022.

Now hopefully I can use it before it gets banned.....

Steve.
    Do you know what thickness they sell