Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Umarex M92SS or CP88?

Quote Originally Posted by doyle83 View Post
    The Umarex 1911 was also a nice piece in the 'revolvermatic' range
    But not a good copy of a 1911 due to oversize width. In spite of that they are one of the easiest Umarex to get good performance with a couple of mods.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I fondled the CP88 and Competition, Colt 1911 and Beretta 92FS

The Colt was nice, but the grip mounted safety did nothing (pistol would fire without holding it in) and it wobbled too much to get a decent grip. Disappointing. Beretta was toooo heavy. Settled on the CP88 Comp. I'm running it on lead free and am impressed with it. The 70+ shot count is none too shabby either. I'll get it on the chrono on it one of these days. Spare mags are a must as the two supplied empty much too quickly!
    The problem with being old is that you can remember when things weren't crap. Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrott View Post
    I fondled the CP88 and Competition, Colt 1911 and Beretta 92FS

The Colt was nice, but the grip mounted safety did nothing (pistol would fire without holding it in) and it wobbled too much to get a decent grip. Disappointing. Beretta was toooo heavy. Settled on the CP88 Comp. I'm running it on lead free and am impressed with it. The 70+ shot count is none too shabby either. I'll get it on the chrono on it one of these days. Spare mags are a must as the two supplied empty much too quickly!
    Two first things I do with the Colt, block the grip safety in closed position using black Sugru. Not necessary to pin in place as we did with the real .45. Next thing is remove the soft piece of metal use for the transfer bar, then drill and tap the hammer face to insert a flat head type screw to make up the thickness of the transfer bar.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD