View Poll Results: Is it a good idea to have military looky likeys on front of airgun websites ?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably Not

23 28.75%
  • NO

19 23.75%
  • We are entitled as everyone's against us anyway

10 12.50%
  • Yes

28 35.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it a good idea 'Assault Rifle' looky likey on first page of Airgun Sites ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter22UK View Post
    To the knee jerk, hysteria driven ban anything that frightens them types, real or imagined ANYTHING gun, archery, fencing etc is seen in a bad light. Theres two types of them, those frightened of their own shadows who want to live in a fictional world without violence. and the ruling elite who think only the state should have acess to guns.
    I guess if that’s your thinkin on the topic, you gotta ask yourself how best to not play into the hands of those folk - ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I guess if that’s your thinkin on the topic, you gotta ask yourself how best to not play into the hands of those folk - ?
    Tell them to deal with drugs, dangerous drivers, knife crime, street gangs, terrorists, carbon monoxide and gas explosions, food poisoning etc all all those issues that take far more innocent lives than guns in the UK each year first.

Overall, within an airgun enthusiast shooting website, the majority of folk do not think military style rifles on the front of airgun websites are a good idea then ..by a margin good enough to trigger Brexit -

Since when has "Probably Not" equalled "NO"?

Atb

Chris

Ps.
    I hear Donald Trump is looking for a new campaign manager for 2024.
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post

Atb

Chris

Ps.

probably

adverb
    adverb: probably

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

Probably no means almost certainly no _

"Probably No" also means Possibly Yes.... So for the purpose of the poll its a pointless option.

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Atb

Chris

Ps.
    I have to agree with PCPshooter,
    "Probably not" is grammatically only one step back from "Definitely not", there are probably six further steps down & back up before you reach "possibly yes".

It's a cop out answer.
    Its all about education, and denying the public sources that show how things have moved on, on modern manufacturing of air rifles/guns, then it's actively keeping the public in the dark. No wonder the old anti gun rhetoric is good enough to give the Shooting Sports grief.

PCP and rifles are looking more Ray gun than ever, and that is the direction they are going to continue to go. Some look "modern" cool.

Shooting Sports need more public support as they are fantastic and for everyone, so stop denying them to those who have yet to find the hobby. Old and fuddy-duddy will not attract the next generation of shooters. Sexy modern, and good education will. Safe and responsibly done Shooting Sports are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I have to agree with PCPshooter,
    "Probably not" is grammatically only one step back from "Definitely not", there are probably six further steps down & back up before you reach "possibly yes".
    But we aren't talking about grammar, are we?
    It's about fudging the results to suit the OP's predetermined opinion.
    "Probably Not" isn't "NO", end of. It's undecided and whether that indecision is biased towards Yes or No is irrelevant (especially when a "Probably Yes" option is deliberately omitted from the choices).

Atb
    Chris

I now consider this thread just trolling, it appears to serve no other purpose to to create division.

But we aren't talking about grammar, are we?
    It's about fudging the results to suit the OP's predetermined opinion.
    "Probably Not" isn't "NO", end of. It's undecided and whether that indecision is biased towards Yes or No is irrelevant (especially when a "Probably Yes" option is deliberately omitted from the choices).

Atb
    Chris
    Well Yes, we are talking about grammar, seeing as you don't seem to understand it.
    In my dictionary/thesaurus "probable" = likely, credible, feasible, plausible, conceivable, tenable None of which are anywhere close to Undecided.

There are 2 positive weighted answers, & 2 negative weighted answers.
    There is no fudging,
    Your objection is based on your predetermined opinion, just as much as his questions are based on his.

It's a poll just accept the views of those who bother to answer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Agree with Mr Bear.

2 things for me regarding this thread.
    1. Nearly every time I log on to BBS there is over 300 people viewing yet out of the community only 80 people have bothered to vote.
    2. This is our sporting future that the thread is really refiring to if you read between the lines. We are a decade or so behind America, our police only ever wore a shirt, now they all wear a stab vest, a lot now carry taser's, and there are more armed police than ever.
    When they eventually put down a kid or someone stupid enough to use a HW45 or latest tactical looking BB gun for armed robbery, our world will change massively.

I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer to the pole, but I believe we have to be aware of the direction rifle style is going in and what the eventual outcome may be.

Long term though, "Mr Muskett", the next generation will already be there, as no one generally wakes up one morning and says " ya knew what I'm going shooting today", the vast majority of people who shoot are either born into our world or introduced through friends. Most farmers kids grow up with a shotgun in the kitchen and one or a rifle in the tractor. Making an air rifle look like something from Sta Trek and advertising it main stream wont work in our favour. We are the best adverts there are, when we tell friends, family and colleagues how much fun we had at the weekend shooting and invite them to join us.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Why I put Ray Gun rather than Black Rifle, is because a whole lot of guns are looking more like the former than the latter.
    Heck, for shotguns then Real Tree camo is now quite acceptable. Plastic fantastic come in all colours. Sure some comes from the States but elsewhere too. Just how things are going which is fine.

I agree most in the Shooting Sports grew up with family already in some form of the many Sports. However, it has always surprised me how many didn't. The "urban" shooter is as important and growing. They in fact bring a lot to the table. A big one is the disposable income they bring with them for new toys and to actually go shooting. Shooting grounds, Stalkers, and shooting clubs rely on them. Shooting Sports wouldn't be if it was just about farm vermin control and the farm lad with his gun.
    Just saying Shooting Sports is far bigger, and fewer people were born with a gun in their cot. But loads of people can see what a lot of fun Shooting Sports are. The individual disciplines of gun ownership and use of, the social side, and because it is fun.
    Much is just education. Shooting Sports is for everyone, and its seen progress. The guns, the facilities, the good practices, all help have the Sports safe and fun. Conservation too.
    I just give no truck to the argument to "hide" anything. I certainly don't pander to the view that people are incapable of being responsible, and that is what the anti brigade sells: people cannot be trusted and if allowed a gun they automatically become some lunatic. It's just not true, and rude to suggest such nonsense.
    Last edited by Muskett; 03-03-2023 at 02:08 PM.