Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX200 will not cock.

TX200 will not cock.

Mint condition but unused for some time.
    Bought on Sunday from a forum member but did not test before leaving.
    Set up my bench today to zero in the scope and it will not cock.

The cocking arm releases fine and the cocking cycle is very smooth. Then Click, click, click and it 'feels' cocked.
    Upon release though, the arm is still under spring tension until returned.
    Safety is not engaging.

Took it to the local (30 mile round trip) gunshop just now who initially said 'give me a minute. I think I know whats wrong' before disappearing out the back (as there was a pellet in the breech) but returned a few minutes later to tell me it needs to be seen by a gunsmith as they have no on site facilities.

Feeling a bit dejected.

Any help gratefully received.

May be pop the stock off take alook, might be spring guide / top hat to long or might be the main spring becoming coil bound???

Hard to say really

Daryl

Take the spring out and try cocking with nothing inside. If it won't cock then it's trigger adjustment.
    Then try with spring guide and top hat and try again. If it won't cock the guide is touching top hat.
    Then try with the spring installed. If it now won't cock then probably Coil bound.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Did you try it before you bought it? The "TX Tug" is a thing, and the name given to the final pull many need to actually cock.

Yep, absolutely as above. Try that final hard "yank" to see if that works. Failing that, as per post #3.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks fellas....
    Tried the hard yank technique but just the same. I guess I'll be taking a rifle apart for the first time tomorrow....

Have you spoke to the person you got it off,and a good pull as has been said. Atb mick

If the rifle is standard inside then I'd bet it's first stage trigger adjustment.
    A simple guide with the CD unit is to take off from one screw - and put on with the other.
    Give the blade screws a few turns and try it again.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Good thinking, Craigy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

It isn't a 'hard yank' you need but what I call the Air Arms flick. Quick short and sharpish. If you have tried that and it still doesn't cock then the trigger needs adjusting slightly. Loads of online data on this. I would be very surprised if you need to take the gun apart. The TX is very easy to work on and the trigger is usually easy too.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I'm just down the road in Southampton if you need some help with it
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Thats really kind buddy. PM sent.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    And I'm just up the A3 on the edge of London, but I'm not home for a couple of months I'm afraid. If by some miracle it's not sorted by then, happy to help.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The wonderful caring, sharing BBS.

Thanks for your offer to help Clipper, I really appreciate it. However, the way work is currently I can't spare the time for a double return journey down to Southampton considering also that you work long days too. Thanks again for the offer mate.

Is there anyone near to Guildford who could have a look in exchange for a few beer tokens and much appreciation ?