Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX200 will not cock.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCharlie View Post
    Thanks for your offer to help Clipper, I really appreciate it. However, the way work is currently I can't spare the time for a double return journey down to Southampton considering also that you work long days too. Thanks again for the offer mate.

Is there anyone near to Guildford who could have a look in exchange for a few beer tokens and much appreciation ?
    Bring it along to Bisley. I'm there on Tuesday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. I'd be very surprised if there is anything seriously wrong.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    It isn't a 'hard yank' you need but what I call the Air Arms flick. Quick short and sharpish.
    As daft as this may sound, the TX trigger cocks easier if you fit a Walther LGV/LGU piston.

The difference is down to the Walther piston rod having a little central tit on the end of the piston rod so that it pushes the top sear in a smaller area above the sear's pivot point.

All the best Mick

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    As daft as this may sound, the TX trigger cocks easier if you fit a Walther LGV/LGU piston.

The difference is down to the Walther piston rod having a little central tit on the end of the piston rod so that it pushes the top sear in a smaller area above the sear's pivot point.

All the best Mick
    The only thing is Mick some TX pistons are smooth and easy to cock without that central tit . I have found that a precision spring guide usually works

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    The only thing is Mick some TX pistons are smooth and easy to cock without that central tit . I have found that a precision spring guide usually works
    I'm talking about after you've fitted a precision Spring guide, Barry.

I have altered the TX top sear with a Dremmel in the past to make them easier to cock.

I bought a SR version from an auction house. Took it to my local range, wouldn't cock. Decided to sell for repair rather than fix it. Guy who bought it looked at it, cocked it first try & cleared the barrel shooting into the lawn. I simply wasn't doing it right, a first for me. My loss his gain.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Bring it along to Bisley. I'm there on Tuesday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. I'd be very surprised if there is anything seriously wrong.
    I'll certainly do that next week if I can get away. Many thanks !!!

T200

some people have hinted it above but just to be clear the extra tug people talk about is when pulling back on the cocking arm, the first click you feel isn't necessarily cocked even though if you let go of the cocking arm it will swing freely. From this stage you need to pull back a bit harder an extra 5mm or so. Caught me out on my first tx, i thought it was cocked but i just hadn't given it that second little bit extra. Does the safety button engage when you cock it?

Quote Originally Posted by old barn View Post
    some people have hinted it above but just to be clear the extra tug people talk about is when pulling back on the cocking arm, the first click you feel isn't necessarily cocked even though if you let go of the cocking arm it will swing freely. From this stage you need to pull back a bit harder an extra 5mm or so. Caught me out on my first tx, i thought it was cocked but i just hadn't given it that second little bit extra. Does the safety button engage when you cock it?
    Same here old barn.... I am mostly into the open sight collecting springer stuff. At a general household auction a couple of years ago, I could not resist bidding on a scoped Mk3 TX200HC in very good condition and won it at a very low price.

First time out to try it at the club, could not cock it, I thought little wonder it went cheap... Passed it on to one of the members, cocked it first time and every time. Passed it back to me saying I need more protein in my diet...Duh.

I'd like to take the opportunity to say a really big thank you to Rapidnick here for the help, advice and a very warm welcome this morning over at Bisley.
    What a gentleman, and thanks also to club member Nigel (a member on this forum ?) who patiently adjusted the trigger until just right, gave me pellets and helped with the zeroing and good advice.
    What a friendly club - very much appreciated.
    I'm shooting again !

Good to hear you got it sorted!

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Glad we got it sorted for you Mark. The TX is pretty straightforward to work on and Bisley members are always happy to help a fellow shooter.
    Lovely rifle too-you should get lots of fun using it.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Well done fellas.
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Glad to hear all sorted and nice one, Nick and Nigel.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Glad you got it all sorted, as others have said really easy to work on and a lovely rifle to shoot