Thread: TX200 will not cock.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    It isn't a 'hard yank' you need but what I call the Air Arms flick. Quick short and sharpish.
    As daft as this may sound, the TX trigger cocks easier if you fit a Walther LGV/LGU piston.

The difference is down to the Walther piston rod having a little central tit on the end of the piston rod so that it pushes the top sear in a smaller area above the sear's pivot point.

All the best Mick

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    As daft as this may sound, the TX trigger cocks easier if you fit a Walther LGV/LGU piston.

The difference is down to the Walther piston rod having a little central tit on the end of the piston rod so that it pushes the top sear in a smaller area above the sear's pivot point.

All the best Mick
    The only thing is Mick some TX pistons are smooth and easy to cock without that central tit . I have found that a precision spring guide usually works

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    The only thing is Mick some TX pistons are smooth and easy to cock without that central tit . I have found that a precision spring guide usually works
    I'm talking about after you've fitted a precision Spring guide, Barry.

I have altered the TX top sear with a Dremmel in the past to make them easier to cock.

I bought a SR version from an auction house. Took it to my local range, wouldn't cock. Decided to sell for repair rather than fix it. Guy who bought it looked at it, cocked it first try & cleared the barrel shooting into the lawn. I simply wasn't doing it right, a first for me. My loss his gain.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.