Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: over size .25 pellets. (6.35mm?)

I had my Supersport .25 breech modified to accept H&N FTTs perfectly. An excellent job done by Airmasters. I went on to write an article about it which was published in Airgun Shooter magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello thank you all for your help, that has given me something to think about.
    Mr Gen would you kindly expand on your statement that a pellet expander may be available, may I ask from whom?
    All the best.
    Geoff.
    You could ty speaking with Terry Robb if he's still around as he made adjustable pellet sizers, I have one for .22, well made and solid
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I don't know how you can say that,
    Marksman were 6.2mm when I measured them about 18 months ago & were a good fit in my BSA Supersport .243" barrel, when FTT's & JSB made pellets were almost impossible to load.
    notwithstanding the measurement disparity (batches do vary, and soft skirts are hard to measure consistently), I think the key with marksman is the skirt is thin, and the lead is soft. So regardless of size, they are much easier to shove into a tight bore, and more likely to expand into a larger bore. As stated, they are also an excellent weight for sub 12, which combined with the softness gives good efficiency. As a bonus they are dirt cheap, so pretty well the perfect vintage .25 for plinking
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.