Thread: HW97 Nick G 22mm Tune

HW97 Nick G 22mm Tune

Happy to share this quick review

Got nick g to tune my 97 177.

He did his 22mm conversion and it really is super sweet to shoot.

I've had loads I springers with various tunes and this really is one of the best I've used.

He did me a tx and pro sport last year but I favor the 97/77 platform over the AA offerings they just suit me better.

Gun is very consistent at mid 11 ftlb and hits bang on with ease at 30 yds.

When I do my bit it will do 5p groups at 50 yds with the weather on your side (rested and seated)

Obviously anyone who has a 97 knows how accurate they can be but a good tune always brings out the best.

The 22mm is really nice cycle to shoot and very predictable too.

Don't know nick personally but can highly recommend him to do your tune if you thinking of going for something bit more radical than your std drop in kit

Here is rifle in action

https://youtu.be/RPG6VmlkbOA

I have the 22mm NickG tune on a Diana 470TH which is sublime to shoot.

Great to hear you're loving it. I've shot a good many rifles tuned by Nick and they've all shot wonderfully. Very knowledgeable and forward thinking chap. And a gentleman to boot.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.22 View Post
    Happy to share this quick review

Got nick g to tune my 97 177.

He did his 22mm conversion and it really is super sweet to shoot.

I've had loads I springers with various tunes and this really is one of the best I've used.

He did me a tx and pro sport last year but I favor the 97/77 platform over the AA offerings they just suit me better.

Gun is very consistent at mid 11 ftlb and hits bang on with ease at 30 yds.

When I do my bit it will do 5p groups at 50 yds with the weather on your side (rested and seated)

Obviously anyone who has a 97 knows how accurate they can be but a good tune always brings out the best.

The 22mm is really nice cycle to shoot and very predictable too.

Don't know nick personally but can highly recommend him to do your tune if you thinking of going for something bit more radical than your std drop in kit

Here is rifle in action

https://youtu.be/RPG6VmlkbOA
    Hi Des

In your opinion, what is the lock time like of a 22mm set up compared to a 25/26mm com tube 77/97 ?

Atb

John
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW777 View Post
    Hi Des

In your opinion, what is the lock time like of a 22mm set up compared to a 25/26mm com tube 77/97 ?

Atb

John
    Good question.

It doesn't feel snappy at all in fact very gentle and almost as though there is no second stage of recoil its that tame.

I've recently picked up a 77k tuned by LSD again 177 so very simmilar characteristics. The 77k has glided 26mm internals.

It's tough to tell between them but the 22mm 97 still that bit nicer to shoot. Also the 77k is 11.2 ftlb whereas the 97 22mm is 11.7 so despite producing more power it is still nicer to shoot.

Lock time I'd say very hard to judge as its so smooth but I'd imagine little in it tbh.

The 22mm seems easier to cock too

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.22 View Post
    Good question.

It doesn't feel snappy at all in fact very gentle and almost as though there is no second stage of recoil its that tame.

I've recently picked up a 77k tuned by LSD again 177 so very simmilar characteristics. The 77k has glided 26mm internals.

It's tough to tell between them but the 22mm 97 still that bit nicer to shoot. Also the 77k is 11.2 ftlb whereas the 97 22mm is 11.7 so despite producing more power it is still nicer to shoot.

Lock time I'd say very hard to judge as its so smooth but I'd imagine little in it tbh.

The 22mm seems easier to cock too

Hope that helps
    Thanks for the info.

I did think there would be a marked difference between a 22mm and 26mm set up.
    Hw77+7

From memory and my experiences when trying a good few of Nick's small cylinder bore tunes at Boinger Bash events, they tend to feel quick, not snappy, yet soft. A combination I guess you'd fail to achieve with wider bore / heavier piston layouts. In terms of lock time, actual recoil and surge, to get the definitive answers we'd need to scientifically measure them. But the perception, to me, is as above. Very enjoyable and minimal sight picture disturbance, too, which I feel can only help follow through.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Guys follow up video with a even though say myself phenomenal group shot.

Ok was 4 not 5 as I say in video but shot group day before lol

https://youtu.be/b8Fx03NoOa8