Thread: A & M Custom Gunsmiths Marksman Silencer

A & M Custom Gunsmiths Marksman Silencer

I just got one of these things.
    Plain black metal finish, as carbon fibre looks a bit too futuristic for an Ultra.

I have been using a BSA Ultra CLX (beech stock) for back yard stuff with an Umarex K3 Neo and wanted to hush things up a bit for the neighbours.

The Marksman is simply ridiculous.

So much so, that I dragged my (entirely uninterested, unless it shoots arrows) wife out to the unlined, brick-walled, tiled roofed garden shed for a dry fire demo.

Unsilenced. Pretty damn percussive and loud.

K3 Neo. (Surprised, as I'd never compared it to shooting unsilenced. Why would you?) Took some of the edge off, but honestly it did not reduce the noise by very much at all.

Marksman. ....Bit of a click from the trigger and whatever the firing mechanism gets up to. And nothing else from the pointy end.

I was sort of hoping for it to be quieter, but never in a million years expected it to seal the noise up in a lead-lined coffin and bury it far out at sea...

Quite often you get new toys and they are a bit of an improvement (placebo effect mostly, because it's new, you paid for it and you'll have to own up to your significant other sooner or later ...) but this is probably the most impressive device I've ever come across.
    Last edited by David926; 01-03-2023 at 10:32 AM.

They sound great, I’m looking for a new silencer for my S410 carbine as I shoot near horses and need my gun to be as quiet as possible, my current Blade stubby silencer isn’t quite enough for the job . I’m going to look into getting one of these Cheers

A And M

One of the best silencers on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by siox07 View Post
    They sound great, I’m looking for a new silencer for my S410 carbine as I shoot near horses and need my gun to be as quiet as possible, my current Blade stubby silencer isn’t quite enough for the job . I’m going to look into getting one of these Cheers
    I hope you'll like it. As you already have another silencer, I won't mention that the Marksman has a 1/2" UNF fitting, (oh, I just did...) so you probably already have an adapter...

Other stuff... The marksman is just made in one size, so .177s and .22s go through it quite comfortably. I have not found that it affects the accuracy or impact points (compared to the Neo, anyway - I have not tried it unsilenced). I appear to be equally inaccurate with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    One of the best silencers on the market.
    Totally agree. Just a bit (unjustifiably) less known about.

They are a very impressive moderator. On my .177 HW100 it's pretty much the same sound reduction as the standard HW mod, can go on a .22 and will even allow a .30 calibre bullet to drop through.

I believe the Weiharuch moderator are the best in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by massa View Post
    I believe the Weiharuch moderator are the best in my experience.
    Having used them on several different HW100s I would agree. However, just listening by ear alone I'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between the HW mod, a Marksman and a Hogan Decimeater. IMHO it would need meter readings to sort out any real differences.