Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 20th and 21st May 2023

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Can understand the motivation behind getting some of that work done yourself, Pete.. I can also understand why you (and very possibly so many more of us) probably display more of a passion for what we might perceive as more characterful English rifles. With many of the German ones it will be the efficiency / accuracy / triggers that tend to win us over. Although many knock them for various reasons, I'd still love a Tracker, one day........
    Like I've said Tone, the poor old Walther hasn't had the attention it deserves, I've not had loads of time or the inside space to work on it, so have been reliant on the weather, also I think because to make it into a LGV requires a 25mm cylinder sleeve fitting (it will hopefully be 24mm when I finally get it to Nick) as I can't do that sort of work, I'm relying on Nick to do it, had Iit of been a simple case of dropping in a kit and also not needing a reblue, then I would have spent more time on it, I found out my polishing gear yesterday but ibig grey cloud has just rolled over and I think that may put the kibosh on the polishing today
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Excellent. Sounds like fun.. Shooting to point of aim now?
    Getting closer. Going to fine tune in the garden this week
    Pete

Can understand the motivation behind getting some of that work done yourself, Pete.. I can also understand why you (and very possibly so many more of us) probably display more of a passion for what we might perceive as more characterful English rifles. With many of the German ones it will be the efficiency / accuracy / triggers that tend to win us over. Although many knock them for various reasons, I'd still love a Tracker, one day........
    Hi Tony
    I wasn’t planning on getting anymore guns anytime soon (yeah right) but a recently refurbished Tracker came my way.from a fellow member of my new Hft club (MAD),I’ve been after one for ages .
    I will be putting a 4x40 gloss Tasco on it when I have some suitable mounts.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Like I've said Tone, the poor old Walther hasn't had the attention it deserves, I've not had loads of time or the inside space to work on it, so have been reliant on the weather, also I think because to make it into a LGV requires a 25mm cylinder sleeve fitting (it will hopefully be 24mm when I finally get it to Nick) as I can't do that sort of work, I'm relying on Nick to do it, had Iit of been a simple case of dropping in a kit and also not needing a reblue, then I would have spent more time on it, I found out my polishing gear yesterday but ibig grey cloud has just rolled over and I think that may put the kibosh on the polishing today
    Understood, Pete. And it is going to be lovely once converted.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Getting closer. Going to fine tune in the garden this week
    Excellent stuff. Have fun, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Tony
    I wasn’t planning on getting anymore guns anytime soon (yeah right) but a recently refurbished Tracker came my way.from a fellow member of my new Hft club (MAD),I’ve been after one for ages .
    I will be putting a 4x40 gloss Tasco on it when I have some suitable mounts.
    Les..
    Brilliant stuff, Les.. How's it shooting? Will you be able to squeeze it into the car for this Bash?

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

Sixty one to go, peeps.

BOING!

Brilliant stuff, Les.. How's it shooting? Will you be able to squeeze it into the car for this Bash?
    It’s dieseling a little at the moment, I will put a few more pellets through it and see how she goes.
    I will bring it with me for the Bash 👍.
    Les..

Excellent; thank you.

Smile It's Spring!

BOING!

Yes, peeps, for me, 'tis the start of Spring proper. The Vernal Equinox.

BOING!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Yay. Winter is done
    Finished tuning the Standard's sights yesterday
    Now when I miss it's my fault
    Maybe I should have thought about that first
    Pete

Haha! Yep; no excuses now, Pete. Enjoy that lovely rifle.

Smile Sleepometer says.

60 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Into the fifties, peeps.

BOING!

Sleepometer says 58 to go, peeps.

BOING!