Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 20th and 21st May 2023

Spring Bash 20th and 21st May 2023

I have, with kind permission, obtained the use of a field for the purposes of a bash.

Just a field with two portaloos. Water in bottles again. I can do a water run for those with big jugs or water carriers.

For those who have not been before, search Carrier Landscapes. The field is opposite their main entrance.

....Event and Payment Details.

20th and 21st of May 2023 Boinger Bash

This will just be a weekend of chatting about guns, shooting, eating, drinking and getting to meet folks.

THE PRICE

£25 including camping over the full weekend (3 nights or more if required)

£12.50 for just the one day attendance.

Part of this payment is for me to insure on the field so that folks without their own shooting insurance can attend.

THE VENUE

Quigley Bottom Shooting Club
    Station Road
    Upper Broughton
    Melton Mowbray
    Leicestershire
    LE14 3BQ

HOW IT WORKS

Payment by bacs to the following account please:-

Payee --------------- Mr N C Page
    Sort Code ---------- 40-47-86
    Account Number --- 43024318

If you put your BBS username as the reference I can then add your username to the paid list.

Cheques by arrangement to usual address.

I will not be organising a licensed bar on site but as your cars will be accessible inside the site I suggest you bring your own.

There will be a kettle with tea and coffee. No BBQ at this time.

There is no running water. A water run will be arranged for lunch time (ish).

There is no rubbish disposal. Please sort your waste into burnable, aluminium cans to go to charity and glass. It is hoped you can take some glass home with you.

For a precise destination please google Carrier Landscapes. The gate entrance is 50m down the road opposite Carrier Landscapes.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Itinery

Camping from Thursday onwards.

Friday evening.
    Fish and chips from a local pub for those who wish to. Transport is arranged.

Saturday evening.
    Take out delivered from the indian restaurant "Empress of India."
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Boing.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Boing.
    Nice one Mick
    Please put my name down for the 1st Boinger Bash of 2023.👍
    Regards
    Les..

I'm in Neil. Hopefully there Thursday.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Payment sent for Karen and me for the weekend, not sure if we will be there Friday night as usual as I have a stock take at work and it depends what time I finish
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Cool Boing!

BOING!

So here we go for a fresh new bouncy, boingery season of good old clean, friendly airgunnery fun and good times.

Craig-P and I are in.

The Sleepometer is primed and ready for start-up anyday. Spring has sprung, those birdies they are a-tweating and those buds and things are all starting to show. Them days is getting longer and pretty soon the Spring Equinox will be upon us.

It'll be great to see all you wonderful people again. And to welcome new blood into the fold......For those who have never attended but thinking about it.........please come along and see what The Boinger Bash is all about.........It's a fun, informal day / weekend. As long as you're safe and your guns are below the UK power limit, the only rule is to have fun. These wonderful meets are set in a most tranquil and picturesque surrounding and are so relaxing. There are no prima-donnas at a Bash. And no cliqueyness. Just friendly, honest, straightforward, genuine people meeting up, bonded together by a common interest. It isn't a competition. Come along for the day, a weekend, a few days; it's up to you. And every single person who has come along has had a great time and signs up for more. Please, please, do yourselves a favour and come and immerse yourselves in the Spirit of The Boing.

All powerplants are welcome - PCP, CO2, pump-ups, gas rams. As well as the humble springer. Pistols and rifles.

GrandadG.....if you're looking in, can we have those glorious GIFS again, please?

Can't wait for this one; it's been a long Autumn and Winter.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Like this please, Graham.

Blimey, those birdies aren't half making a racket this morning! You've just got to love the Spring dawn chorus. One of life's magic moments.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    BOING!

So here we go for a fresh new bouncy, boingery season of good old clean, friendly airgunnery fun and good times.

Craig-P and I are in.

The Sleepometer is primed and ready for start-up anyday. Spring has sprung, those birdies they are a-tweating and those buds and things are all starting to show. Them days is getting longer and pretty soon the Spring Equinox will be upon us.

It'll be great to see all you wonderful people again. And to welcome new blood into the fold......For those who have never attended but thinking about it.........please come along and see what The Boinger Bash is all about.........It's a fun, informal day / weekend. As long as you're safe and your guns are below the UK power limit, the only rule is to have fun. These wonderful meets are set in a most tranquil and picturesque surrounding and are so relaxing. There are no prima-donnas at a Bash. And no cliqueyness. Just friendly, honest, straightforward, genuine people meeting up, bonded together by a common interest. It isn't a competition. Come along for the day, a weekend, a few days; it's up to you. And every single person who has come along has had a great time and signs up for more. Please, please, do yourselves a favour and come and immerse yourselves in the Spirit of The Boing.

All powerplants are welcome - PCP, CO2, pump-ups, gas rams. As well as the humble springer. Pistols and rifles.

GrandadG.....if you're looking in, can we have those glorious GIFS again, please?

Can't wait for this one; it's been a long Autumn and Winter.

BOING!
    Very true but please leave your HW35's at home

But do bring rifles you want to sell and I need for my collection
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Very true but please leave your HW35's at home

But do bring rifles you want to sell and I need for my collection
    But that's a contradiction isn't it, Pete?

But that's a contradiction isn't it, Pete?

Not in my eyes Tone

Quote Originally Posted by leupold7 View Post
    Hello

Where will these be held (area))

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Melton Mowbray.
    Indeed. Very local for you, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    Awesome - I'm definitely going for 20/21 May

Here we go, peeps. The thread is now live. Hoping you can join us; you're going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Not in my eyes Tone
    Hee, hee, hee! I love winding you up, Pete. Works every time.......I'll try not to bring one along. But then, if someone asks for people to bring them along...??

Any more work on projects Webley and Walther?

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Yep ! Spring is in the air. The grass is growing and stuff in the garden is beginning to show itself As I get older, I seem to be turning the pages on the calendar a lot quicker ! Still… that just means The Bashes come around a lot quicker. Off to Cheltenham tomorrow to have the first service on my new Ninja 650. That ride will lift my spirits and have me feeling young all over again

Boing!!
    Nice and easy on that first ride of the year, Pauly. Remember, you're going to be a bit rusty and need to give yourself time to get back into it. Do watch out for the numpties. But do enjoy.

Hee, hee, hee! I love winding you up, Pete. Works every time.......I'll try not to bring one along. But then, if someone asks for people to bring them along...??

Any more work on projects Webley and Walther?
    Still finishing the Viscount stock, should be done by end of next week (oiling and hardening process) and hopefully if the weather is good next weekend I can polish the metalwork of the Walther.