Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 20th and 21st May 2023

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It looks like I might be in Sheffield collecting a shed load of springs that week. Is it ok to turn up for the day if I can wangle it?
    Nope!
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It looks like I might be in Sheffield collecting a shed load of springs that week. Is it ok to turn up for the day if I can wangle it?
    Day trippers are still allowed Nick
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Thanks NewPaul yes just a couple of hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    It would be good if you can make it. You’re not that far away either

Nope!
    That's not nice Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    That's not nice Paul
    .. Nah, it’ll be good to see him if he can make it . Just hope I can. If only I had a decent mate who’d help me with my tent . Gary maybe ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Not doing that great to be honest Tone. Had sciatica last October for a couple of months and, turns out, at the same time I have severe osteoarthritis in my right hip. Had it x-rayed five or six weeks ago and it’s pretty much bone on bone. Very painful. I’m limping about and can’t walk more than a couple of hundred yards before I need to sit down. Thankfully, it doesn’t hurt when I sit and I sleep reasonably well most nights. It has really slowed me down. I got that brand new Ninja 650 back in September but can now only manage about half an hour in the saddle before pain sets in.
    I have an appointment with a Consultant at Gloucester Hospital on 25th May and it’s highly likely I will need a hip replacement. Lord knows how long away that will be. From what I’ve been told I’m guessing around 10-12 months on the waiting list . X-Ray showed I also have deterioration in my left hip too.
    Co-codomol takes the edge off it a bit but I don’t like to take too much of that.
    So, why I was asking Neil which field we are camping in is to determine how far away the bogs might be and how far a walk to the range. Not that it really makes much difference as it’s all do-able at slow speed
    I need to consider if I will be able to erect and take down my tent too because as it is, getting shoes and socks on is an ordeal in itself. We’ll see nearer the time I guess.
    I hope you get this sorted soon Paul.
    My mum has just been advised that she has bone on bone contact on her hip too. They've offered the operation or physio and at her time in life she's probably going to go with physio.
    I use 30mg co-codamol along with 400mg ibuprofen which takes the edge off my back pain and doesn't seem to have any side effects (that I'm aware of ). If you do take co-codamol make sure you don't take paracetamol too.

Not doing that great to be honest Tone. Had sciatica last October for a couple of months and, turns out, at the same time I have severe osteoarthritis in my right hip. Had it x-rayed five or six weeks ago and it’s pretty much bone on bone. Very painful. I’m limping about and can’t walk more than a couple of hundred yards before I need to sit down. Thankfully, it doesn’t hurt when I sit and I sleep reasonably well most nights. It has really slowed me down. I got that brand new Ninja 650 back in September but can now only manage about half an hour in the saddle before pain sets in.
    I have an appointment with a Consultant at Gloucester Hospital on 25th May and it’s highly likely I will need a hip replacement. Lord knows how long away that will be. From what I’ve been told I’m guessing around 10-12 months on the waiting list . X-Ray showed I also have deterioration in my left hip too.
    Co-codomol takes the edge off it a bit but I don’t like to take too much of that.
    So, why I was asking Neil which field we are camping in is to determine how far away the bogs might be and how far a walk to the range. Not that it really makes much difference as it’s all do-able at slow speed
    I need to consider if I will be able to erect and take down my tent too because as it is, getting shoes and socks on is an ordeal in itself. We’ll see nearer the time I guess.
    Just seen this mate, wow , nightmare

Of course i will sort out your tent, no worries.

.. Nah, it’ll be good to see him if he can make it . Just If only I had a decent mate who’d help me with my tent . Gary maybe ?
    I will gladly set up/ put down your tent mate, and get Marie to piggy back you to and from the range, I’m not getting it out and holding it for you when you go for a slash though lol. Will even pour the brandy and coke for you mate 👍

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I hope you get this sorted soon Paul.
    My mum has just been advised that she has bone on bone contact on her hip too. They've offered the operation or physio and at her time in life she's probably going to go with physio.
    I use 30mg co-codamol along with 400mg ibuprofen which takes the edge off my back pain and doesn't seem to have any side effects (that I'm aware of ). If you do take co-codamol make sure you don't take paracetamol too.
    Cheers Gary. I’m on 30/500mg co-codamol. Makes me lightheaded and constipated but I only take it when I really need it. I’m aware of not taking paracetamol. I hope the physio works out beneficial for your mum mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Just seen this mate, wow , nightmare

Of course i will sort out your tent, no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I will gladly set up/ put down your tent mate, and get Marie to piggy back you to and from the range, I’m not getting it out and holding it for you when you go for a slash though lol. Will even pour the brandy and coke for you mate 👍
    Good old Northerners to the rescue . I know you’d both help and it’s much appreciated. I hate having to ask, it’s just so frustrating not being able to do the things I took for granted. I’ll see how I feel nearer the time.
    Chris: you’d need to do a bit of weight training before tackling my tackle

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    i think I've wondered into the wrong thread...

Anyways, how far is the camping, or car parking field from the shooting range please ? Wondering if I should bring my little cart for transporting the rifles.. or for some of you lot from the sounds of it !

Also do you guys still have a table for secondhand guns ? I literally have guns I've forgotten about, and that's after a massive clearout and two kempton park sales stints. I seem to get less and less time to shoot these days...
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 10-04-2023 at 10:42 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    i think I've wondered into the wrong thread...

Anyways, how far is the camping, or car parking field from the shooting range please ? Wondering if I should bring my little cart for transporting the rifles.. or for some of you lot from the sounds of it !

Also do you guys still have a table for secondhand guns ? I literally have guns I've forgotten about, and that's after a massive clearout and two kempton park sales stints. I seem to get less and less time to shoot these days...
    Hi John

Depending which field is used there maybe a style to climb.
    There will definitely be a 2nd hand sales table though
    Pete

I'll tell Neil to cross your name off the list for Saturday night's Hokey Cokey dance off then, Paul ?

Cheers Gary. I’m on 30/500mg co-codamol. Makes me lightheaded and constipated but I only take it when I really need it. I’m aware of not taking paracetamol. I hope the physio works out beneficial for your mum mate.
    I find the ibuprofen has the opposite effect to the co-codamol regarding constipation which is one reason I take them together. Luckily the co-codamol doesn't make me drousy but I know plenty of people who say it knocks them out.

Really sorry to hear this, Pauly. Must be bloody horrible. I hope they can get you in and sorted in a timely fashion. Everyone I've known who has had the op have had a successful, transformative outcome. And I hope you can manage that pain in the meantime. Great offers for assistance from The Brotherhood of The Boing. Anything I can do to help, just shout up, Bruv.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!