Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 20th and 21st May 2023

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    All we can say was it was another brilliant weekend, many thanks to Neil and Tina for being excellent hosts, I think it had to be the first bash that I haven't bought a rifle to take home but I did do a swap with Tone as he loved my cock so much, it was great to have a little plinking season with Neil and Tone at the end and managed to hit the bucket a few times with my .25 Beeza at 45 yards.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Did you get the Gamo shooting okay after?
    Yes, thanks, Mark. Better. Not perfect with the occasional flyer. But far better than with the original scope. Not convinced the mag helps.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    All we can say was it was another brilliant weekend, many thanks to Neil and Tina for being excellent hosts, I think it had to be the first bash that I haven't bought a rifle to take home but I did do a swap with Tone as he loved my cock so much, it was great to have a little plinking season with Neil and Tone at the end and managed to hit the bucket a few times with my .25 Beeza at 45 yards.
    Yes, that little mini-session towards the end was most enjoyable. And thank you for letting me stroke and fondle your 'cock before finally "letting me have it"!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Oi you 2!!! Get a field!
    Pete

Gentlemen,
    A favour to ask. Did anyone find a moderator in the field? I seem to have mislaid one. It was only a cheapo' so not too upsetting, but I'm buggered if I can find it..

Not seen one at the firing point.
    I will have a scout around this morning.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes, that little mini-session towards the end was most enjoyable. And thank you for letting me stroke and fondle your 'cock before finally "letting me have it"!
    I could tell you loved it when I put it in your hands for the first time, you got all gooey eyed after that
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

The business must have been done after I left so, is it true that the Brocock was exchanged for an HW35?
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    The business must have been done after I left so, is it true that the Brocock was exchanged for an HW35?
    Not on your nelly son, Tone happily parted with his Mercury S and then proceeded to run to his car and sped off laughing like a mad man (basically like any normal Italian), the only HW that I would happily own is a 85k like Les owns.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Not on your nelly son, Tone happily parted with his Mercury S and then proceeded to run to his car and sped off laughing like a mad man (basically like any normal Italian), the only HW that I would happily own is a 85k like Les owns.
    Yep......although I always felt that the Mercury S was okay, that was as high a rating as it was ever going to get from me.....Although walnut, it was an extremely bland example and, being the earlier one, quite slabby. It does shoot very smoothly with the Welsh Willy kit that I fitted, though.......

Now....Gamo-BSA and related guns.....ever since I owned that Vipermax, I think some of you will remember how impressed I am with the Gamo 25mm action. As I'd been given the Mercury S (and the Vipermax) I actually did someone a good turn and have him the Gamo. He still owns and loves it and really appreciates me giving it to him. But I've missed that sweet firing cycle. As soon as I tried the Brocock Independent's firing cycle on Saturday morning I was wowed once again. So, so sweet and with so little sight picture disturbance from such a lightweight gun with long stroke format. The gas ram ensures no twangy happenings but might be replaced with the spring as it's possibly the ram that is causing groaning noises emanating from the gun once warm (unless that was Pete in the background!). I'll give it a few tries when I get the chance and see how it behaves but can see it going back to spring and nice fitting guides. The trigger's not too bad, either.

I know it's not "classic" BSA, but I have the LJ and the Supersport already and just much prefer this Gamo / Meteor VI platform to the Mercury one. I think it's going to be another fine performing "underdog" like the aforementioned S'Sport and my Slavia 634.

Oh, and a late THANK YOU

To Neil and Tina.......THANK YOU once again for dishing up yet another delicious meet for us. The work you pour into delivering these meets for us is so evident in the details and you are to be applauded for your fine, selfless efforts. Every single person I have spoken with had a great time and can't wait to get back for more. And I think we have a few converted newbies from those work people!

And......and I don't know how you do it, but I'm so glad that you do, but how DO you manage to organise the superb weather we get when we visit? Another el scorchio Bash! Thank you!

Can't wait to do it all over again in just under two months' time.

THANK YOU!

BOING!

Yep......although I always felt that the Mercury S was okay, that was as high a rating as it was ever going to get from me.....Although walnut, it was an extremely bland example and, being the earlier one, quite slabby. It does shoot very smoothly with the Welsh Willy kit that I fitted, though.......

Now....Gamo-BSA and related guns.....ever since I owned that Vipermax, I think some of you will remember how impressed I am with the Gamo 25mm action. As I'd been given the Mercury S (and the Vipermax) I actually did someone a good turn and have him the Gamo. He still owns and loves it and really appreciates me giving it to him. But I've missed that sweet firing cycle. As soon as I tried the Brocock Independent's firing cycle on Saturday morning I was wowed once again. So, so sweet and with so little sight picture disturbance from such a lightweight gun with long stroke format. The gas ram ensures no twangy happenings but might be replaced with the spring as it's possibly the ram that is causing groaning noises emanating from the gun once warm (unless that was Pete in the background!). I'll give it a few tries when I get the chance and see how it behaves but can see it going back to spring and nice fitting guides. The trigger's not too bad, either.

I know it's not "classic" BSA, but I have the LJ and the Supersport already and just much prefer this Gamo / Meteor VI platform to the Mercury one. I think it's going to be another fine performing "underdog" like the aforementioned S'Sport and my Slavia 634.
    Like I said Tone, you don't always have to spend a fortune on German guns to have a sweet shooting rifle, there are a few rifles that have slipped under the radar, the Independent and the Supersport SS Custom being to good examples, but like you know i also champion the underdog, I totally agree with everyone when they bang on about HWs build quality but they also need a fettle to be good, it's just a shame that BSA didn't keep up the quality and development of the SS Custom as they would have a few more happy and loyal customers instead of most people handing over their money to HW.

Absolutely, Pete.

One of my other regrets, as I was explaining to you on Sunday, was missing out on the "Brummy Longbow era" due to airgunning taking a bit of a back seat for me at that time. Although not underdogs, I'm sure if I had got into the Longbow and Tomahawk back then, my direction may have been slightly different. And what an "almost underdog" the superb little Brummy Stingrsy was. History played its part and they were gone. Shame for airgunning and I really feel I missed out.

I think we're on 53 sleeps to go until the July Bash, peeps.

Sorry Pauly

BOING!

I think we're on 53 sleeps to go until the July Bash, peeps.

Sorry Pauly

BOING!
    Paul is injured. He would have had to bring on a sub
    Pete