Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit more recoiless weihrauch

A bit more recoiless weihrauch

Finally got around to fitting the small part that automatically sets the action in the forward position when you cock the gun. Cock the gun and it slides forward. Fire the gun and it slides back. Couldn't be easier

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    neat - how did you decide to hold it in the fwd position ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    neat - how did you decide to hold it in the fwd position ?
    With an adjustable sprung detent in the end, I guess most similar to the Diana Airking
    I couldn't use a pin behind the piston skirt like the TX200 SR, because the piston on the HW99 goes beyond the cocking linkage cut out (hope that makes sense). So there's no gap there unless the piston is modified

makes sense Dan, what kind of shooting angle does it hold on up to ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

makes sense Dan, what kind of shooting angle does it hold on up to ?
    Currently its holding almost vertical with a medium size scope on. But I've only got one out of two detents in place. With both detents in place it should hold vertical with a large scope and accessories.

cool.. and still release easy enough under firing...? Sounds perfect

Nice one, Dan.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

cool.. and still release easy enough under firing...? Sounds perfect
    Yea it releases quite well, better than I was expecting even. But of course there is some reaction between the action and the sled. That's one of the compromises of using a standard action without any mods.
    With enough tension to hold it vertically, I can balance 2 pellets on top of eachother and they won't fall off, but it can't do 3 stacked pellets (yet!).

I suppose for anyone just plinking or shooting from a bench you could back the tension off and have it even smoother

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nice one, Dan.
    Thanks Tony

I admire your skills.

Will your stock be ‘plug-and-play’ i.e. Weihrauch stock off, your’s on, with no modification to the action?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I admire your skills.

Will your stock be ‘plug-and-play’ i.e. Weihrauch stock off, your’s on, with no modification to the action?
    Exactly that. It even uses the standard stock screws. There may be a little bit of adjustment needed on the auto setting screw (I'm not sure how varied the tolerances are on weihrauch actions) and the tension can be adjusted to suit the user. It's probably a 2 minute job with zero modification to the action

Like it, clever and innovative.
    So when is mass production?
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    Like it, clever and innovative.
    So when is mass production?
    Mass production? Probably never, unless a manufacturer wants some. Maybe BSA could do some limited edition meteor supers
    Small scale production? In the next couple of months maybe. I'll probably be selling 2 of my 3 prototypes (it's working so well I haven't even put the other 2 together yet, but all the parts are here).
    Then I'm making a small batch of HW30 versions which will be inlet into wooden stocks.
    Then I'll do maybe 5 full stocks to the final design (the only things changing from the prototype are a tweak to the shape of the rear end, and moving the sled tension screws so they can be adjusted externally).

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Mass production? Probably never, unless a manufacturer wants some. Maybe BSA could do some limited edition meteor supers
    Small scale production? In the next couple of months maybe. I'll probably be selling 2 of my 3 prototypes (it's working so well I haven't even put the other 2 together yet, but all the parts are here).
    Then I'm making a small batch of HW30 versions which will be inlet into wooden stocks.
    Then I'll do maybe 5 full stocks to the final design (the only things changing from the prototype are a tweak to the shape of the rear end, and moving the sled tension screws so they can be adjusted externally).
    Had you thought of putting this HW 99 SR concept to Weihrauch.

Do you think the SR slide could be fitted to the larger HW models.
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW777 View Post
    Had you thought of putting this HW 99 SR concept to Weihrauch.

Do you think the SR slide could be fitted to the larger HW models.
    Hadn't really thought about it. The designs have been around in various forms for over 60 years now, I guess starting with the FWB150, with simpler versions like the TX200SR, ASI statical, Diana Airking coming along later. So if they wanted to do one it wouldn't be much bother for them.

This version of the sled can be fitted to the articulated cocking link models, 99, 30 and 35.
    I'll be doing a different version to fit the 57, 77, 80, 90, 95.
    But yes in principal it could be made to fit any of them