Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley senior and webley mk1 is there much demand for spares

Webley senior and webley mk1 is there much demand for spares

Have a couple of pistols that aren't mint both in .22 so I guess they are worth more in bits,is their much demand for the parts?

Tricky to say. Sometimes there's a glut of Webley pistol components on the likes of t'bay. It'd cost a few £ to get the relevant missing screws and catch (and new screws to tidy up the grips), so you might get your money plus a bit back. If re-blued (and completed) they'd be nice pistols, especially if the grips on both sides are undamaged.

There will always be demand for parts, especially if an item has been out of production for years. Having said that, I've been pleasantly surprised at the ease of getting new 'old stock'/repro/equivalent bits for my oldies. Due to the 'net, easier than it was in the '70's, I think.
    Personally, I don't like the idea of 'breaking' for spares, unless it is beyond repair. But that's just me.
    And. of course, if the gun is well worn, you may find you can offload some bits (body,grips,barrel, piston, say) & end up with a jar or 2 full of shagged out components, that are no use to anyone.

My 2p worth.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

They both cock and fire fine,I had them up for sale £115 each posted or £210 for the pair posted but didn't have any interest hence seeing breaking as another option

Quote Originally Posted by Evostu View Post
    They both cock and fire fine,I had them up for sale £115 each posted or £210 for the pair posted but didn't have any interest hence seeing breaking as another option
    Well, there's been a complete Mk 1, no screws missing/damaged, new spring/breech seal, on here for £95 (posted) for a week or so. Not gone yet.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    ...Personally, I don't like the idea of 'breaking' for spares, unless it is beyond repair. But that's just me...
    Bru
    No it's not

Just my view on your posting : yes, there is a demand for spares, but to be frank I feel that the spares people are looking for are either missing or possibly not in as good a condition as they'd like if they have an incomplete, but otherwise gc Pistol. From looking at the photographs I'd guess that a few of the parts could be sold but maybe not sufficient to make it worth your while, because as previously suggested, you could well end up with the bulk of the items that an inveterate owner would only look for every now and again. I'd suggest (and it's entirely up to you as to which way to go from now on) trying to sell the pair as is but being prepared to consider offers a lot lower than your current asking prices. That way it's all over and done with in one fell swoop.

JMHO, Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 10-03-2023 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Just my view on your posting : yes, there is a demand for spares, but to be frank I feel that the spares people are looking for are either missing or possibly not in as good a condition as they'd like if they have an incomplete, but otherwise gc Pistol. From looking at the photographs I'd guess that a few of the parts could be sold but maybe not sufficient to make it worth your while, because as previously suggested, you could well end up with the bulk of the items that an inveterate owner would only look for every now and again. I'd suggest (and it's entirely up to you as to which way to go from now on) trying to sell the pair as is but being prepared to consider offers a lot lower than your current asking prices. That way it's all over and done with in one fell swoop.

JMHO, Vic Thompson.
    To be fair the only bit missing is the barrel catch on the senior,and the grips are chipped at the bottom corners,they both shoot well and the only thing that let's them down is the bluing is poor but the actual mechanicals are in good order,if I had a sensible offer for both I'd happily sell but not had anything at all,but looking at sold listing on it seems there is good demand for spares and should be able to make more than selling them complete

To be fair the only bit missing is the barrel catch on the senior,and the grips are chipped at the bottom corners,they both shoot well and the only thing that let's them down is the bluing is poor but the actual mechanicals are in good order,if I had a sensible offer for both I'd happily sell but not had anything at all,but looking at sold listing on it seems there is good demand for spares and should be able to make more than selling them complete
    Maybe I'm thinking of another post - but didn't your original, pre sale thread have pics of both sides, & either the pivot or keeper screws were missing from both on one side? Apologies if I'm mistaken. Could have just been the pics.
    As I said, a few posts ago. there was a nice Mk 1 up for £95 posted, which hadn't sold last time I looked. I agree with VT about pricing.

Maybe I'm thinking of another post - but didn't your original, pre sale thread have pics of both sides, & either the pivot or keeper screws were missing from both on one side? Apologies if I'm mistaken. Could have just been the pics.
    As I said, a few posts ago. there was a nice Mk 1 up for £95 posted, which hadn't sold last time I looked. I agree with VT about pricing.
    Nope both are complete,as said the only missing bit is the barrel latch and pin on the senior,to be fair you possibly see an older pic as the keeper screw was missing on one pistol but I managed to find one for it so fitted it.
    It looks like my best option will be breaking as the last senior barrel sold for £65 alone on ,even the barrel link without the barrel seems to sell for £40,madness I know

Your guns, your choice.
    Not sure which barrel link you mean, but in a recent post I pointed out Knibbs (as was) had the short barrel link back in stock, new, £9.50.

Your guns, your choice.
    Not sure which barrel link you mean, but in a recent post I pointed out Knibbs (as was) had the short barrel link back in stock, new, £9.50.
    These ones
    https://iili.io/HXuGZUG.jpg

https://iili.io/HXuELyQ.jpg

Protek have the long link in for £26 or so.

Well I decided to break them up and sell on as couldn't get any interest in them for £100 each,the senior barrel alone just sold for £53 alone so seems demand is there and it will make far more in bits than a complete pistol

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    How much for the senior minus barrel/linkage then?
    Gun control means using both hands.