Thread: Advice/help requested

Advice/help requested

Hi all
    I brought a 2nd hand smk xs 78 air rifle for my 11 year old grand son on sunday at the Melbourne Assembly rooms for £140 when we got my grandson tried shooting it
    he got 4 shots using 2 co2 cylinders no matter how hard I screw it on it still leaked
    I live between Derby Nottingham.
    when I looked on u tube for help, the slot where the cylinder is inserted was not the
    the original one this gun looks like it has been replaced with a different type of valve
    so any help or advise on this matter please, or is there a airgun smith in the area you can recommend.
    Thank you

I'd have a look at the ChineseAirgunForum. Could be the model shown on youtube is a slightly different one. Just had a quick look, they had a quick strip guide to the valve assy without taking the whole gun apart.
    You should get 40-50 shots.

HTH

Bru
    Last edited by laverdabru; 14-03-2023 at 12:36 PM.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I can help you with this.
    If you care to pm your phone number I will give you a call.
    We are not that far away.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Hi all
    I brought a 2nd hand smk xs 78 air rifle for my 11 year old grand son on sunday at the Melbourne Assembly rooms for £140 when we got my grandson tried shooting it
    he got 4 shots using 2 co2 cylinders no matter how hard I screw it on it still leaked
    I live between Derby Nottingham.
    when I looked on u tube for help, the slot where the cylinder is inserted was not the
    the original one this gun looks like it has been replaced with a different type of valve
    so any help or advise on this matter please, or is there a airgun smith in the area you can recommend.
    Thank you
    £140 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    £140 😳
    Noticed that...maybe it had a REALLY nice 'scope on it

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

It sound faulty. I'd take it back and ask for your money back.

Then check out the second hand section on here

BB

I have sorted this rifle for Tony.
    Leak on the firing valve. Turns out it's an XS79 with a very nice Japanese 4x40 scope on it.
    I hope his Grandson has fun with it.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.