Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
The rapid 7 craze for me was reading airgunner years ago as a kid and seeing JD taking 50yard shots. 50 bloody yards, that was nearly doubling what I could do, this got me longing for that butt ugly PCP. Problem was i could only afford a bsa supersport, my mate a superstar. Both of us vowed we'd have one at some point. Move on 20 years and my mate bought one in fac, iirc around the £600 mark. It was alright, hell of a lump and completely acceptable for airgun. But after pushing the limits of it's use, after 60-70 yards we found it started opening up, no matter what pellet we tried, and he got bored of it very quickly. Tho I'm not a fan of the style as it doesn't fit me, he bought a MK3 wildcat that just about trumps the rapid on everything.
Would I have a rapid now, no - unless it was to be stored as a investment. They certainly hold their money, I think if I'm right they were £600 in the early 90s when I was reading about them.
For me it will be a bsa superten MK3 bullbarrel. More affordable, still ugly and plenty about.
Hey not long sold my mk3 s10 bbk (poor man's rapid) But in all fairness it was a very accurate gun. Really pushed myself to sell it but I say that about all of the guns. Unfortunately my kids have no interest in guns so more deciding to do over the next couple years. The bsa s10 though is a very good gun.