Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking at second hand rapids

looking at second hand rapids

at blackpool air rifles asking price for a mk2 1295 in 20

Always amazed me why people held them in such esteem.

Ugly looking things (as are the majority of front-mounted buddy bottle airguns) with a rubbish planky stock.

I think John Darling's choice of it as his (FAC) PCP years ago when they were one of the few PCPs around at the time probably helped establish them in airgun "folklore"

More of a collector's item than a sought-after hunting tool these days since there is so much more about to choose from that is aesthetically much better and in terms of performance.

I wouldn't pay £500 for a second hand one. Each to their own though ...
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I love my rapid.

I think the rapid proved that all an air rifle really needs is a good barrel with a decent puff of air behind it.

Everything else is just superfluous.
    Master Debater

I use rapids for most of my hunting, have done for around 15 years.
    I have a couple of sub 12ftb and a couple of fac,.20 in both, easy to keep running and extremely accurate.
    I have numerous spares,from bottles to stocks.
    All keepers whilst I can still get out into the fields
    Falcon Prairie CS.22 Huntsmans .20 Theoben .20 & .22 FAC

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    Always amazed me why people held them in such esteem.

Ugly looking things (as are the majority of front-mounted buddy bottle airguns) with a rubbish planky stock.

I think John Darling's choice of it as his (FAC) PCP years ago when they were one of the few PCPs around at the time probably helped establish them in airgun "folklore"

More of a collector's item than a sought-after hunting tool these days since there is so much more about to choose from that is aesthetically much better and in terms of performance.

I wouldn't pay £500 for a second hand one. Each to their own though ...
    Really ? says who

They're held in high esteem because they're excellent, well balanced, stunningly accurate & easy to work on.
    Aesthetically some look better than others, but most are better than the current craze for Bullpups &/or AR clones.

a lot of people still love there rapids i had a few for years but id not pay 1295 for a second hand one

Was lucky enough to get a minter Rapid Mk1 in .22 from a member on here fairly recently for less than 2/3's of the BAR price. It, and an HW100 are all I'll ever need in non-FAC PCP terms. I'm a springer man but feel I've got the best of English and German in those two. Fantastically boringly accurate, consistent, easy to use and service/repair. Perfect.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I have an MFR everyone that has shot it (experienced pcp shooters)has been impressed with it.
    It's a bit like a mini, e type or Spitfire. It's just right
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    It's a bit like a mini, e type or Spitfire. It's just right
    They are all airguns as well.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    a lot of people still love there rapids i had a few for years but id not pay 1295 for a second hand one
    I have some Rapids left , I would agree with you but on the other hand paying that may be a better option than paying 2k for some of the newer stuff, The prices did rise for Rapids and seem to be holding so I don't think anyone would loose much money when buying one if they did want to move it on,

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Really ? says who

They're held in high esteem because they're excellent, well balanced, stunningly accurate & easy to work on.
    Aesthetically some look better than others, but most are better than the current craze for Bullpups &/or AR clones.
    Years sho buying my first my mk1, I thought to myself what an ugly old fashioned looking gun, Then again it was 000626 from memory do a early one, However when handled and aimed the gun, Wow , It fitted me so well. I actually only called in for a look while going to buy another hw100 , Just wasnt happy with the hw100 in 22 cal, Thought I would try a 177 cal, However a lift of the mk1 rapid and the hw100 was history, Most of my mates followed on with Rapids soon after. I suppose the prices they fetch these days and how quick they sell dont represent a crap gun, Mid late 80s or when ever they came out, Guns of today still not out shooting them nearly 40 years later,

I sold all mine when I stopped rabbit shooting in N Yorks.
    Good guns, but not worth the inflated prices of today.
    I saw an old SType at £1k in a shop.lol...someone bought it though.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

I have quite a few different rifles. I think the last to go would be my old battered Mk1. I don't hold it as it has any great value or see it as an investment. Just a rifle that does what I require.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    I saw an old SType at £1k in a shop.lol...someone bought it though.
    To be fair the current price of a AA pro sport is nearly £1k.
    Master Debater

price of second hand guns at moment is mad