Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking at second hand rapids

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lots of people love there rapids

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    Always amazed me why people held them in such esteem.

Ugly looking things (as are the majority of front-mounted buddy bottle airguns) with a rubbish planky stock.

I think John Darling's choice of it as his (FAC) PCP years ago when they were one of the few PCPs around at the time probably helped establish them in airgun "folklore"

More of a collector's item than a sought-after hunting tool these days since there is so much more about to choose from that is aesthetically much better and in terms of performance.

I wouldn't pay £500 for a second hand one. Each to their own though ...
    Some of the best looking guns ever made. The Rapid set the standard for PCP's and a majority of blocks made to taday by different manufacturers still use the same principle.

It's not really folklore, it's fact, they are the best airguns in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyMorty View Post
    Some of the best looking guns ever made. The Rapid set the standard for PCP's and a majority of blocks made to taday by different manufacturers still use the same principle.

It's not really folklore, it's fact, they are the best airguns in the World.
    I'm clearly in the minority on this thread but I know of many who hold the same view as myself.

Sure they might be very basic in design and therefore "easy to work" on for those with the inclination and/or the skills to do so but they're no more accurate than most PCPs out there today in my experience.

As for "best looking" - now you really are having a laugh!!
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    I'm clearly in the minority on this thread but I know of many who hold the same view as myself.

Sure they might be very basic in design and therefore "easy to work" on for those with the inclination and/or the skills to do so but they're no more accurate than most PCPs out there today in my experience.

As for "best looking" - now you really are having a laugh!!
    Exactly , No more accurate than the guns that are out there today, But all must remember , Some of these are 35+ years old. And still amongst the best of today.