Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norica Omnia ZRS

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I’ve got a few hw rifles kicking about the place mate but I suspect the greater cost of a hw and one of you’re chassis would be justified in terms of how good they would be. That Norica looks like 200 quids worth of plastic fantastic
    That's fair enough! I'm going to try and get the price not too far away from a CS stock with adjustable butt pad. Between £300 and £350. Not sure how feasible that is but good to have a goal!

Back to the post - I would still like to try a Norica Omnia, but maybe after a few thousand shots and with someone else's money

Er......yes.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I’ve got a few hw rifles kicking about the place mate but I suspect the greater cost of a hw and one of you’re chassis would be justified in terms of how good they would be. That Norica looks like 200 quids worth of plastic fantastic
    Yep. Nice, bold idea, although nothing new. "New" things rarely are. But we can only imagine and expect Dan's creations to be on a totally different level.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Part two. Accuracy testing in the next instalment.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2023...-zrs-part-two/

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Part two. Accuracy testing in the next instalment.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2023...-zrs-part-two/
    Maybe it's just me but I find it quite difficult to translate what he's saying sometimes.
    "The barrel does move in relation to the scope, but only with respect to breaking open and closing again". Not really sure what this means.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I find it quite difficult to translate what he's saying sometimes.
    "The barrel does move in relation to the scope, but only with respect to breaking open and closing again". Not really sure what this means.

I think he means, that, like any other break barrel (except a really bad or very worn one) the barrel and receiver (and therefore scope) remain completely aligned during the aiming/firing/recoil cycle.

Tom’s challenge, like a lot of writing on this subject, is that his audience varies from people like us to complete novices.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I think he means, that, like any other break barrel (except a really bad or very worn one) the barrel and receiver (and therefore scope) remain completely aligned during the aiming/firing/recoil cycle.

Tom’s challenge, like a lot of writing on this subject, is that his audience varies from people like us to complete novices.
    I was a bit confused because on the gun he's talking about, the barrel/action and scope are independent of eachother. The barrel/action recoils and the scope is always static.
    Probably not important, I'll go back and read it again when I'm not as tired!

You're right, so the action will move forwards on cocking. And moves back on firing. Scope stays static. As long as it's properly engineered and wear doesn't occur to induce any play, all should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Absolutely, Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Sounds like a genius! What a good idea.
    I heard a rumor the one piece cocking arm version was well on the way and almost ready to start ordering parts
    And maybe the first prototype of that version will be a chassis system with a wood rear end like a Steyr challenge hunter...
    Them stocks better be top notch to complement the fantastic engineering solutions and design work
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Looks horrible and the trigger sounds nasty like a gamo, I will swerve this for sure.

Yep, as Dan pointed out very early on the thread, a good trigger is such a huge contributory factor in delivering an accurate rifle or pistol. Especially a springer. But I feel we have to applaud the effort and drive to bring the system to the market in these precarious tines financially. I'll remain a curious and interested observer.

Question Recoiless springer

My tx 200 SR of yesteryear had a damn good trigger @ helped me back then do ok @ Ft, seems a bit late in the day now for another of this type.

The Diana 54 seems to have many fans.

There have been subsequent posts to Tom's articles but it does seem that other compromises in the design of the Norica are spoiling the party.
    Last edited by TonyL; 28-05-2023 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Spooling? - spoiling