Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .25

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I have a .25 Lightning barrelled Supersport and love it, the oyster rifle I constantly take to the bashes and it is always out the longest, so much fun to use.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I have a .25 Lightning barrelled Supersport and love it, the oyster rifle I constantly take to the bashes and it is always out the longest, so much fun to use.
    Can you get the bucket with it. I'm going to try with my 99 next time, a bit hard going because I couldn't even see it last time.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Can you get the bucket with it. I'm going to try with my 99 next time, a bit hard going because I couldn't even see it last time.
    To be honest I've never tried, if Craig can't hit it with a Walther LGV then I've got no chance with a lowly BSA
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    To be honest I've never tried, if Craig can't hit it with a Walther LGV then I've got no chance with a lowly BSA
    Seven times on the bounce with the LGV last time I counted...
    Still not as good as fourteen times with the .22 HW77, standing, offhand - but I do try...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

One of my favourite vermin rifles was my BSA Ultra .25 ( I think that's what it was called - it had a black, polymer stock, carbine action, 10 shot mag - if anyone knows what the name for that is ).
    They were on offer at Knibbs many years back. I used it solely for rats with an early NV optic and it was tremendous. I only sold it as lost the ratting permission but I'd buy another tomorrow should the requirement reemerge. I'd imagine modern NV technology would make this setup even better.
    A few years later, I built a HW95 .25 with the help of Shaun from ISP as I missed the fun of the .25 caliber and wanted something to use against a few back garden pests that were coming through from neighbours. However, I went totally overboard with the build and turned it into a complete cabinet queen

i had a mfr in 25 cal i bought off guy a few years back terrefic bit of kit sadly i sold it on

Thanks all. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    One of my favourite vermin rifles was my BSA Ultra .25 ( I think that's what it was called - it had a black, polymer stock, carbine action, 10 shot mag - if anyone knows what the name for that is ).
    They were on offer at Knibbs many years back. I used it solely for rats with an early NV optic and it was tremendous. I only sold it as lost the ratting permission but I'd buy another tomorrow should the requirement reemerge. I'd imagine modern NV technology would make this setup even better.
    A few years later, I built a HW95 .25 with the help of Shaun from ISP as I missed the fun of the .25 caliber and wanted something to use against a few back garden pests that were coming through from neighbours. However, I went totally overboard with the build and turned it into a complete cabinet queen
    That Hw95 of yours is still my favourite.25 cal rifle.����.
    Make sure you bring it with you to the next Boinger Bash please.
    Les..

Seven times on the bounce with the LGV last time I counted...
    Still not as good as fourteen times with the .22 HW77, standing, offhand - but I do try...
    Witnessed.. Awesome shooting. And very often whilst being distracted and having laugher fits between shots.

Go on, Pete, give it a go...
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    That Hw95 of yours is still my favourite.25 cal rifle.����.
    Make sure you bring it with you to the next Boinger Bash please.
    Les..
    It's in pieces at the moment, Les - I decided to chequer the stock. I do the odd half hour on it in between paying jobs. But all being well it'll be at one of the bashes this year. It's looking doubtful if I'll make the May one though as it's Sarahs birthday.
    Cheers mate, Craig

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Witnessed.. Awesome shooting. And very often whilst being distracted and having laugher fits between shots.

Go on, Pete, give it a go...
    Mr. P. Devine has a lot to answer for...

You'll be sorely missed if you can't make it to the May Bash, my friend. But I can fully understand why.. At least the next one will follow on fairly closely afterwards.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Mr. P. Devine has a lot to answer for...

It's in pieces at the moment, Les - I decided to chequer the stock. I do the odd half hour on it in between paying jobs. But all being well it'll be at one of the bashes this year. It's looking doubtful if I'll make the May one though as it's Sarahs birthday.
    Cheers mate, Craig
    Family comes first Craig .
    We will see you at another bash anyway :cool.
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yep,
    0 is the scope line of sight,
    start point at -1.75" is the muzzle, to scope height.
    the pink area is the PBR, where the pellet is +/- half an inch, so aim pretty much dead on with the FTT from 6yds to 28yds, or with the JSB it's 5.5yds to 26yds.
    That not strictly true if shooting Rats, tin cans or plinking maybe.
    That is an inch spread from 6-28, so if you aim centre of rat skull at 15 yards and you clip its ears, 25 yards you clip its chin.
    I would still take time to learn the trajectory so that POI is where you want it. Live quarry anyway.
    Just a thought.
    VAYA CON DIOS