Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .25

Quite right, but when I said "Aim pretty much dead on" I was assuming the shooter already knows the trajectory / pellet apex, & has the nous to aim a fraction higher or lower as range dictates.

Granted such assumptions can sometimes come back & bite your bum.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You'll be sorely missed if you can't make it to the May Bash, my friend. But I can fully understand why.. At least the next one will follow on fairly closely afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Family comes first Craig .
    We will see you at another bash anyway :cool.
    Atb
    Les..
    Cheers lads, I'll be gutted for sure if it turns out I can't make it and will eagerly await the second one. But I'll console myself with a cold half - or two...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

A pity you can't make it 'cos you will miss the 1st person to hit the bucket with a Meteor ( the one you Checkered) and if that means stomping up the field and manually Tw*ting it, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    A pity you can't make it 'cos you will miss the 1st person to hit the bucket with a Meteor ( the one you Checkered) and if that means stomping up the field and manually Tw*ting it, so be it.

Have you finished it all now - how did it turn out mate?
    Many thanks, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Our Craigy never has to resort to such drastic measures.. It's actually spookily uncanny how he'll pick up a gun that's new to him and then, after anywhere between ZERO and a handful of acclimatisation / point of impact check shots, nail the bucket. Usually standing!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post

Have you finished it all now - how did it turn out mate?
    Many thanks, Craig
    Well the stock is absolutely bingo but it has taken time. Being cautious about raising the grain I bought a sample of Morrells Black woodstain not the waterbased version, but after about six coats with gentle sanding, I thought it was not quite black enough so tried India ink and got away with it. The India ink only raised the grain by a minute amount. All the sanding back since the stain has been with 1000 grade wet & dry used dry.
    I am now sealing it with Parker Hale walnut oil and have given it three coats so far. It's as smooth as silk just as good as when I did my Airsporter Mk1 stock.
    The good news is all three have combined and worked.
    I'll give it two more coats as I have found some 1500 grade.
    The action is still awaiting the return of the piston being converted to an Aussie seals parachute seal, by a local firm.
    Now if I can only work out how to fit a mercury S barrel bolt I'll be done.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I have all the parts to build a very nice .25 but I will get around to it one day!!
    Master Debater

Well the stock is absolutely bingo but it has taken time. Being cautious about raising the grain I bought a sample of Morrells Black woodstain not the waterbased version, but after about six coats with gentle sanding, I thought it was not quite black enough so tried India ink and got away with it. The India ink only raised the grain by a minute amount. All the sanding back since the stain has been with 1000 grade wet & dry used dry.
    I am now sealing it with Parker Hale walnut oil and have given it three coats so far. It's as smooth as silk just as good as when I did my Airsporter Mk1 stock.
    The good news is all three have combined and worked.
    I'll give it two more coats as I have found some 1500 grade.
    The action is still awaiting the return of the piston being converted to an Aussie seals parachute seal, by a local firm.
    Now if I can only work out how to fit a mercury S barrel bolt I'll be done.
    Mylands ebonising polish is good. Black enough to make shoes look like patent leather.

Thankyou Blackbeard I just looked it up and nearly had a coronary when I saw it was over £100, then realised it was for 5 litres.

Not used this company but this is the stuff I have got:

https://studiodepot.co.uk/mylands-black-polish/