Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antiques on/off ticket.

@ Silvaa

Yes you have to apply for the variation and pay unless it is a "One on one off".

If you decide you no longer want to shoot it, or indeed want to sell it you simply have to send a written statement to the police saying you are no longer shooting it. I would assume you can then apply for a vaariation for something different and on the same basis "One on one off" you do not have to pay.

Antiques on/off ticket.

I have in the past done this with little or no problems just a few questions to ensure they are section 58?, would I put 1 on my ticket in today's political climate, that would be a BIG NO, on ticket, they will reduce in value by 1/3 to 1/2 that's if you can find someone who wants 1 on ticket, sadly not many of us left these days.
    I think someone has already mentioned that ALL LIVE AMMO is on ticket, section 58 does not cover this.

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    If you put an obsolete calibre antique on to your FAC, does it need to be in a locked cabinet?
    Yes because it’s fac registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyersden View Post
    Yes because it’s fac registered.
    And all of a sudden it's on the Police Data Base...

Quote Originally Posted by BaskervilleDog View Post
    And all of a sudden it's on the Police Data Base...
    That’s the one. One quick change in the law and you’ve lost it.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    All it takes is one quick change in the law & you have lost a section 58 anyway, Seven cartridges that previously were regarded as section 58 obsolete calibres were recently removed from that list, there was a six month transition period after which pistols chambering them they moved from sect 58 to section 5 or 7(1)
    They could be retained on an fac if old enough.
    I wonder how many pistols of those calibres simply "disapeared" in that transition period?.
    I wouldnt worry about it, if you have a section 58 rifle or shotgun you want to shoot & have a slot for it on your ticket go ahead.

I know of a local RFD who was making quite a 'killing' with Colt SAA's chambered in .41", I believe that this is one of the calibers that was removed? Much as I would love an original SAA the £3K price tag would certainly put me off!
    My next purchase (one day) will be an original Colt 1860 Army. Trouble is now retirement has crept up on me, saving £1500+ is proving difficult!