Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In praise of the BSA Supersport custom.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I do apologise, the first one I have has the .25 Lightning barrel fitted, I just wanted a standard .22 to see if it was just as nice as my .25, which it is.
    I remember having a go with your .25 custom at one of the Boinger Bash events,and very nice it was ..
    Les..

Can't argue with any of this, Pete.
    As many will know, I have the very cosmetically challenged early standard model in .22 that came as a freebie with lots of issues. After being donated parts by your good self and T20 (cocking linkage, detent spring and mainspring with TbT guides), it shoots beautifully. Easy cocking, smooth and accurate. It has what looks to be a home-made Superstar style trigger on it which, as you say, although will never be in the same league as a Rekord / CD, breaks predictably. Very accurate, well mannered little thing.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Very true, the thing for me that sets them apart from the standard models is the Superstar trigger setup, admittedly it's no CD/Rekord unit and isn't a proper two stager but it has a smooth first stage and breaks crisply, the stocks shape is good as well.
    The "Superstar" trigger was added to all the models after a while.
    And I tend to agree that it makes the shooting experience better :-)
    Too many airguns!

In praise of the BSA Supersport custom.

Has an early brum .22 supersport that shot really well, ten shot groups of one ragged hole around 20mm at 15m with the opens, Came with brown boot polished stock for £60. Much to amusement of my mate when i first shot it in my allotment in front of him & he said it looked like sh**e on my cheek. The trigger felt much better than all the lightnings i had through my hands afterwards but it was just a standard supersport with the hinge pin.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Has an early brum .22 supersport that shot really well, ten shot groups of one ragged hole around 20mm at 15m with the opens, Came with brown boot polished stock for £60. Much to amusement of my mate when i first shot it in my allotment in front of him & he said it looked like sh**e on my cheek. The trigger felt much better than all the lightnings i had through my hands afterwards but it was just a standard supersport with the hinge pin.
    I bought an early Lightning last year and the single stage trigger is no where near as good and its plastic.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in