Hi all,

Well I bought myself another Supersport SS Custom last week, now I have to say it's a real shame BSA didn't keep this model as their standard offering, they really are a nice rifle and a big improvement over the standard model, if BSA had of improved on the customs features then I recon they would have evolved into a well respected rifle, instead of the awful things they produce now, I'm not even going to say anything about them being able to compete with HW as even I know they would have to up their game a hell of a lot to even come close to HW quality, now luckily for me the secondhand prices of these rifles haven't gone mental just yet and they can be picked for nearly half the price of a HW95.

The two I have are just fitted with better spring guides and they are a pleasure to shoot, I really can't fault them for a sub £150 rifle, I know a lot of people will shun them and I can understand why when there are rifles like the HW99 snapping at its heels for not much more secondhand but with the prices of new and secondhand rifles going through the roof, it's nice to pick up a pretty good rifle for sensible money, so if you are fortunate enough to be able to pick one up at a good price then please do, you just might be surprised with what BSA did in the past with a humble little rifle.