Thread: BSA Underlever price

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella

BSA Underlever price

Popped in a local dealer yesterday, Had a nice BSA underlever in the rack. Imp mod D Side button cocking lever in .22, obviously has been reblued (well) as no etching at all.
    What sort of price should these go for? I got the impression he was going to want too much for it for my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    Popped in a local dealer yesterday, Had a nice BSA underlever in the rack. Imp mod D Side button cocking lever in .22, obviously has been reblued (well) as no etching at all.
    What sort of price should these go for? I got the impression he was going to want too much for it for my pocket.
    Price depends on a lot of factors really, but condition, originality, all correct parts ( including sights ), finish etc are some of the main ones.

Shop prices on these Pre-WW1 guns have always been in the £175 - £350 price range. Nice guns, that are amongst the more powerful of the BSA underlever range. Often they had a double safety sear arrangement on the trigger that needs checking for function.

Lakey

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Thanks for that, he seemed to think it was worth north of £500, Yeah right... good luck.
    Although it was a good reblue the stock was quite plain, I would have put it at £250 tops.

my local gun shop had one in last year for 400