Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A tarted up titan rifle

A tarted up titan rifle

Now I have some space to play I have got out my last purchase to start tinkering with and now looking at it it does not look like a run of the mill titan, the most odd thing is the top of the block has had something milled off it, the serial number is on the block and it looks like it was writing that’s been removed. there is also a brass disc in the stock.
    Any ideas as to what this could be and who did it?

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Now I have some space to play I have got out my last purchase to start tinkering with and now looking at it it does not look like a run of the mill titan, the most odd thing is the top of the block has had something milled off it, the serial number is on the block and it looks like it was writing that’s been removed. there is also a brass disc in the stock.
    Any ideas as to what this could be and who did it?

I have one similar. The breechblock originally said Made in England and had to be scrubbed out because it wasn't. The stock is a standard Titan item.

I think that is about the funniest thing I have ever seen on a rifle then, it’s a bit crude the milling so was a bit worried it had a serial number scrubbed off it and a new one applied.

Original Titan and bloody lovelly she is too

Now that I come to think about it I have never seen one with TITAN stamped on it they used to have a flimsy oval sticker stuck on the air tube

I have never seen that stock on a Titan… Where can I purchase one ?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I have one similar. The breechblock originally said Made in England and had to be scrubbed out because it wasn't. The stock is a standard Titan item.
    Love that stock

looks very nice

A tarted up titan rifle

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    I think that is about the funniest thing I have ever seen on a rifle then, it’s a bit crude the milling so was a bit worried it had a serial number scrubbed off it and a new one applied.
    Thats what i'd have thought too, not seen one with titan stamped on either usually just the sticker which eventually falls off, maybe an early prototype? like the thumbhole stock on it too.

The stock is a standard Titan item.
    Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    Love that stock
    The stock is a Custom Stocks CS800 in it 1980's / 1990's styling (I personally think looks better than the current incarnation).

I guess Titan offered it as an option on the Manitou.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    Love that stock
    Its a Titan Manitou Target (MT 010T). The bling is standard trim.

I am familiar with the normal MT010, didn't know they had a thumbhole option as well.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Its a Titan Manitou Target (MT 010T). The bling is standard trim.
    I nearly posted that the gun shown was identical to the Field Target Titan Manitou tested by Terry Doe in the January 1990 edition of Airgunworld, but I was unsure about the thumbhole stock.

I've just realised that I have that magazine in the man cave, so :-

image.jpg

And the article tells the reason for the different stock :-

image.jpg

All the best Mick

The second "T"in the model number MT 010T represents thumbhole. The first target. It is illustrated in the Titan Manitou colour catalogue.The thumbhole feature was omitted on some of the match versions due to rules and regulations banning thumbhole stocks for bell target shooting. I may be wrong, it wouldnt be the first time, but that is what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I nearly posted that the gun shown was identical to the Field Target Titan Manitou tested by Terry Doe in the January 1990 edition of Airgunworld, but I was unsure about the thumbhole stock.

I've just realised that I have that magazine in the man cave, so :-

image.jpg

All the best Mick
    Ooo-er; that looks lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ooo-er; that looks lovely.
    I only had the article to hand because the gun was shown stripped and it had the Titan target trigger in it, which on comparison is definitely the trigger I have in both of my Mohawks, Tone.

As the trigger cage can break if you don't take care when reassembling the gun I've bought three spare ones --- just in case like.

All the best Mick