Thread: R-TEN SE tuning advice/modifications

Question R-TEN SE tuning advice/modifications

I’ve recently picked up a lovely R-TEN SE fitted with a HUMA regulator. Top guy named Thum, if he happens to be on here.

Whilst it is already a lovely rifle and shooting consistently (I know some will say leave it alone) I can’t help but want to see what improvements can be achieved.

Ideally a RATWORKS tune would be ideal but their current lead time meaning I’d be without the rifle for a month and feeling that I’m competent enough to tackle most work I’d like to ask details of what work people recommend carrying out on the rifle.

Here’s the link to the work RATWORK’s undertake:
    https://www.theratworks.co.uk/r10-1

If anyone has any specifics on this or any other recommendations, I’d love to hear your thoughts please.

Kind Regards,

Ed

In my opinion and experience..if it ain’t broke don’t fix it !

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    In my opinion and experience..if it ain’t broke don’t fix it !
    I don’t disagree, but I definitely feel there’s a little room for improvement and tbh half the enjoyment of airgun ownership for me is the tinkering and improvement over a production model.

Id avoid RW from personal experience as they butchered my 9015, the r10 suffers terrible hammerbounce thats why the never make the numbers bsa quote on advertising, there’s a guy called Tom Nelson aka Rancid Tom who may be on here, he is great with the r10 platform. And there’s the guys at sub12 who sell kits.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Id avoid RW from personal experience as they butchered my 9015, the r10 suffers terrible hammerbounce thats why the never make the numbers bsa quote on advertising, there’s a guy called Tom Nelson aka Rancid Tom who may be on here, he is great with the r10 platform. And there’s the guys at sub12 who sell kits.

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info, I've since read quite a few comments saying the work from RW can vary depending on who does the work, so definitely won't be taking a gamble. I don't suppose you have contact details for sub12 please? as I can't find any means to contact them online.

Cheers,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by steadysniper View Post
    I’ve recently picked up a lovely R-TEN SE fitted with a HUMA regulator. Top guy named Thum, if he happens to be on here.

Whilst it is already a lovely rifle and shooting consistently (I know some will say leave it alone) I can’t help but want to see what improvements can be achieved.

Ideally a RATWORKS tune would be ideal but their current lead time meaning I’d be without the rifle for a month and feeling that I’m competent enough to tackle most work I’d like to ask details of what work people recommend carrying out on the rifle.

Here’s the link to the work RATWORK’s undertake:
    https://www.theratworks.co.uk/r10-1

If anyone has any specifics on this or any other recommendations, I’d love to hear your thoughts please.

Kind Regards,

Ed
    ‘I have a perfectly great rifle - but feel the need to mess about with it’
    Sounds bonkers to me - maybe spend the time with your friends / family / partner instead or go shooting more often ……
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Im the same and can see changes I want or improvements that are needed in every gun I buy, I think of it as personalising it. I also know that Ive transformed some guns as there was so much wrong with how the manufacturer had restricted it to UK power levels it didn’t work as well as it could. The R10 seems to be one of these with ridiculous hammer bounce issues wasting lots of air, addressing that can add dozens more shots perfill, also the regulator has know issues as does the cocking bolt coating which flakes off and contaminates inside the block.

If only manufactures sent out guns built to perfection, all this fixing could stop
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

The only reg'd rifle (a BSA) I have, I shot it until there was a problem with reg, then got it sorted out.
    Messing about with it the 7 years earlier would not have stopped the seals from needing replacing .......and for seven years all was well

I'm probably a bit fussier about springers, pcp's all just go phht anyway no matter how sorted !!
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34