Thread: Gem .25 heavy.

Gem .25 heavy.

Hello cuuld someone kindly give me the correct dimentions for the main spring please. The reason is that a new spring that is suposed to be correct makes the gun very heavy to cock.
    The spring that is fitted is 2" longer and a slightly smaller diameter and gives a very soft cocking action. Unfortunently it is bent.
    Thank you.
    Geoff.

Smaller dimension of spring would most probably cause the bend, if you cant find a correct size diameter spring you may need to support the sides and inner of the spring inside the piston area with plastic support similar to modern customising, that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello cuuld someone kindly give me the correct dimentions for the main spring please. The reason is that a new spring that is suposed to be correct makes the gun very heavy to cock.
    The spring that is fitted is 2" longer and a slightly smaller diameter and gives a very soft cocking action. Unfortunently it is bent.
    Thank you.
    Geoff.
    Sounds like your existing spring has been changed in the past, so rather than the one in the book, you want the same spec as the bent one.

Hello thank you, I do have an original spring from a 1900 heavy Gem but it has a broken end, missing probably a coil or two. T he chances of getting something the same is most definitly Zero. If you can imagine a coil about 3/16" diameter with the coils touching each other then that is coiled like a conventional spring.
    I have 3 springs all different lengths and diameters, from short and very stiff to long and soft, they are all susposed to be for the heavy Gem, hence the enquiry about the correct spring dimention for the heavy Gem. I dont want to turn it into a 11.8 ft-lbs monster and strees the h*ll out of it.
    Cheers all.
    Geoff.

Hello again, got my caliper back from my son,
    220mm. long.
    33 coils.
    18.25 OD.
    2.70 wire dia.
    This is the bent spring and seems to be the best, anyone recognise what it might be?
    Thank you.
    Geoff.

Not a Titan I think but a number 11 may fit if it can cope with an extra 22 thou on the O.D.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD