Thread: Hammerli AR20 leaking air

Hammerli AR20 leaking air

Hi my mate has just phoned me, Not long ago he bought a collection of guns, One of the guns he bought was a ar20 , Hes noticed now that the this one is losing air, I've basically just woke after a night shift but I will ring him later when he finishes work, Just wanted to ask if any one knows of any common places that this gun may be leaking from, Hopefully speak to him later and find out more, Are these a DIY job or best to send off, Thanks

Note that to fill this gun, you need to unscrew the air cylinder. My first guess is the O ring on the spigot. It helps to occasionally put a dab of grease here.
    Also try the old trick of a balloon on each end of the cylinder to see if the leak is in the cylinder or the action/regulator.
    Note that these are 300 bar fill and there are 2 regulators in series.

Quote Originally Posted by noz1 View Post
    Note that to fill this gun, you need to unscrew the air cylinder. My first guess is the O ring on the spigot. It helps to occasionally put a dab of grease here.
    Also try the old trick of a balloon on each end of the cylinder to see if the leak is in the cylinder or the action/regulator.
    Ok thanks for the reply, hopefully I'll speak to my mate later

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Ok thanks for the reply, hopefully I'll speak to my mate later
    You are welcome, Sir.
    ATB. Noz.

You are welcome, Sir.
    ATB. Noz.
    My mate has taken the cylinder back off and filled back up with air, the only seal he can see is up in the cylinder, hes going to leave over night and see if it loses any air,

I have recently got a second hand one of these, should I be filling it to 200bar or 300bar?

Cheers,
    Paul

Hi. I also have the problem of air leaking. I am sure it is the O ring at the bottom of the filling hole in the cylinder. Have you any idea where spare O rings can be obtained. I have got the O ring out & it feels a little hard.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefu View Post
    Hi. I also have the problem of air leaking. I am sure it is the O ring at the bottom of the filling hole in the cylinder. Have you any idea where spare O rings can be obtained. I have got the O ring out & it feels a little hard.
    Hi bud it was my mates gun, I'm sure he put a new reg in his, The gun has long gone as he bought some of mine , Think hes just left with my old s10bbk , Someone on here should know about the seals as this was an old thread, But it's now been brought back , Hopefully someone will have some info, I could ask him where he had the reg from if needed ok bud,