Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plinking: Blanks vs Reactives vs ?

Caution in the blanks had one come back at me once.

Never again

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Couple of quids worth of petrol in a tray underneath any reactive target boosts performance - or so Im told...
    That could be impressive……..

Thinking for a friend

I'd go with the chalk and mints suggestions if my garden set-up allowed. Guessing that the chalk ones will explode nicely into dust, as mentioned. These could be broken into ever smaller pieces for closer ranges / more testing targets. Or, if using sweets, Parma Voilets, TicTacs or candy cigarettes broken up?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.22 View Post
    Caution in the blanks had one come back at me once.

Never again
    A FAC mate once gave me a few because I asked. I shot one. Only ever one. It came back. Painful and the red mark just above my navel took ten days to disappear.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

I can think of very little that would be more anti-social or make 'airgun plinking' look worse than shooting at blanks, primers or anything else that explodes.
    Pretty much a cast iron guarantee of pissed-off neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I can think of very little that would be more anti-social or make 'airgun plinking' look worse than shooting at blanks, primers or anything else that explodes.
    Pretty much a cast iron guarantee of pissed-off neighbours.
    The OP never said he'd be plinking in his garden though, did he?
    He may have a five mile long permission at his dispersal, with no neighbours to annoy - or any cantankerous forum members to concern himself with...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Correct.

I would not use anything other than paper or chalk down the side of the house.

The range, with its clay pigeon shooting, is more the location for reactives. As I understand it the properly made ‘bottle holder’ setups hold blanks against a plate so they cannot come back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    The OP never said he'd be plinking in his garden though, did he?
    He may have a five mile long permission at his dispersal, with no neighbours to annoy - or any cantankerous forum members to concern himself with...
    That would be at his disposal

"Plinking" is, to the best of my knowledge, the slang term for informal garden shooting,
    as opposed to going shooting at a club, range or informal field-range.

& I'd only taken you back off ignore yesterday, Bye again.

That would be at his disposal

"Plinking" is, to the best of my knowledge, the slang term for informal garden shooting,

& I'd only taken you back off ignore yesterday, Bye again.

That would be, bye again
    I'm just answering a few PM's from other members, saying how lucky I am to be ignored by you.

Maybe I should own my part in that misunderstanding. I agree that most people exercise plinking in their garden but I don't believe the term is limited to that. I do, however, understand the assumption it would begin and end there.

Since starting this thread I've spent a lot of time at a local range. No matter how many paper targets go up the most fun is had when plastic army men, chalk sticks, paintballs, etc get placed downrange.

As for the meaning of plinking, I do like the oldest reference that the Wikipedia author used:

Plinking refers to informal target shooting done for pleasure, typically at non-standard targets such as tin cans, logs, bottles, or any other homemade or naturally occurring target.[1]
    [1] Eder, J. Fred (October 12, 1953). "'Plinking' is Popular Sport for Gun Shooters". The Monitor. United Press. p. 8. Retrieved April 2, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.

https://www.newspapers.com/article/4...sport-for-gun/

Quote Originally Posted by nishijin View Post
    Maybe I should own my part in that misunderstanding. I agree that most people exercise plinking in their garden but I don't believe the term is limited to that. I do, however, understand the assumption it would begin and end there.

Since starting this thread I've spent a lot of time at a local range. No matter how many paper targets go up the most fun is had when plastic army men, chalk sticks, paintballs, etc get placed downrange.
    Don't worry about it, he seems to have a personal grudge,

Part of it was also my assuming that no club or range would actually allow the use of ad hoc 'exploding' targets, in such a safety conscious, anti-shooting era.

Don't worry about it, he seems to have a personal grudge,

Part of it was also my assuming that no club or range would actually allow the use of ad hoc 'exploding' targets, in such a safety conscious, anti-shooting era.
    This may be very true. I haven't asked specifically at the range by the clay pigeon shooting, but I have noticed a few others using the bottle holder in the past. I assumed it was on an 'ask forgiveness, not permission' basis, and with the persistent noise of shotguns, nobody would differentiate that with a blank.

Don't worry about it, he seems to have a personal grudge

It’s really nothing personal, plenty of members also think you’re a knob

Hasn't anybody already done some "stupid" reactive target trickery???
    VAYA CON DIOS

Yup. I bought some of those banging pellets in .177 even though I ignored my self imposed boycott of Russian products.
    I've fired a few down the garden but checked to see if the neighbours were out first.

Talking of upsetting neighbours the new mob 4 doors down don't give a damn about letting fireworks off after 10 p.m and they bellow so much I doubt they'd hear them anyway.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.