Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Tempest Target Grip

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Interesting...who was the maker ot of interest?
    No idea, it had a little 'H' stamped on the base, and inside was a H or K printed in a circle like so. I thought there was another mark as well, but I must have been mistaken.

Those proper Beeman grips are beautiful. A very different aesthetic to my butchered and battered set. I guess they suit a better condition pistol. Mine is so well-used that it needs sympathetically bruised grips.

This is one side of the Beeman grips fitted to a Tempest, no longer in my collection:

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    This is one side of the Beeman grips fitted to a Tempest, no longer in my collection:

Very nice.

I wonder whether it would be possible to make/modify a rear sight blade for the Tempest to work as a peep-sight, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    Those are nice! Very good-looking too I must say.

A couple of years ago I bumped into a set of the Tempicane target grips that Beeman sold here in the US. A lesser level of quality - made of some sort of tropical wonder wood, no texturing, brass fittings - but fit me well and look pretty decent.

This particular Hurricane is a good shooter with a tuned trigger, so they are not entirely inappropriate

I'm afraid my first reaction to seeing the pics at the start of this thread was why??? Sorry Nishijin but they just don't do it for me.

However, I do like Mike's grips even though the traditionalist within me says I shouldn't.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'm afraid my first reaction to seeing the pics at the start of this thread was why??? Sorry Nishijin but they just don't do it for me.

However, I do like Mike's grips even though the traditionalist within me says I shouldn't.

John
    John, your first reaction of "why???" should have been answered already, by the post itself. Something daft, a daft idea, nothing lost by trying.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I fitted a pair of Airgunner177's target style grips to my .22 Tempest. I can do good work with it out to 20 yards, but it requires consistency and concentration.
    If it works, here's some cards I shot at 10m.
    (looks like it didn't work). How do I put pics on?

The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by nishijin View Post
    No idea, it had a little 'H' stamped on the base, and inside was a H or K printed in a circle like so. I thought there was another mark as well, but I must have been mistaken.

Those proper Beeman grips are beautiful. A very different aesthetic to my butchered and battered set.
    I guess they suit a better condition pistol. Mine is so well-used that it needs sympathetically bruised grips.
    The inside does look like Feinwerkbau, maybe 80 or 90, and the H is for large size I think (hoch = tall).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    The inside does look like Feinwerkbau, maybe 80 or 90, and the H is for large size I think (hoch = tall).
    Thanks Garvin, you're correct. Grateful for the info.

Yep, looking online, FWB80's share what the grip looked like before modifying. Telltale angled crosshatching at the base of the RH grip too.

Mine is a well-used grip. It came covered in wood putty to suit someone's hand, covering all the painstaking stippling that had been done.

I'd love a FWB, but I do enjoy how many people have laughed seeing this little plinker all tarted up.

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    That's a good spot ... Nice to see a bit of German woodworking now adorning a quality British pistol

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    That's a good spot ... Nice to see a bit of German woodworking now adorning a quality British pistol
    Don't deny it, you'd all want a go if you saw it at the range.