Thread: Kral Pro 500

Kral Pro 500

Over the years I've owned a few air rifles , Cadet Major, Benjamin pump up , HW35 , HW90 , TX200 ,Prosport and a couple of others . There's even an old Airsporter in a cupboard. Somewhere!

After quite a few years away from airgunning, I'm missing some of the farmyard shooting I enjoyed so much . So , after deciding on a budget , watching a lot of reviews and handling a .22 version in the shop , I've jumped in and ordered a Kral Pro 500 in .177 .

Now , after that long winded intro is the question , has anyone on the forum fitted a regulator , specifically a Lane , and what were the results ? I'm particularly interested in the effects on precision , velocity spreads as well as shot count.

This is a sub 12ft/lb model , I have little use for an FAC rated air rifle .

Cheers ��

I'm interested in this too, I got a pro 500 not long ago and was looking at them but was put off by the extra 45mm bottle neck length.

Lane regulator works great on these, the only issue for me was the extra length, so we fitted a smaller carbon bottle from Aliexpress, 3.5l which made rifle lighter too, shotcount was better than originally and all very consistent

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

i watche something on you tube with one fitted ,very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I'm interested in this too, I got a pro 500 not long ago and was looking at them but was put off by the extra 45mm bottle neck length.
    I've seen this with other regulators , I was unsure if the Lane fits in a similar way.
    Last edited by Fox Tales; 21-03-2023 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Lane regulator works great on these, the only issue for me was the extra length, so we fitted a smaller carbon bottle from Aliexpress, 3.5l which made rifle lighter too, shotcount was better than originally and all very consistent

Chris
    I've seen a video on YouTube where the guy fits one to a Jumbo , he then tidied up the appearance by cutting and shaping a plastic tube .

Does the fitting of a regulator allow for a higher fill pressure as it controls the pressure at the firing mechanism ?
    Last edited by Fox Tales; 21-03-2023 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Tales View Post
    I've seen a video on YouTube where the guy fits one to a Jumbo , he then tidied up the appearance by cutting and shaping a plastic tube .

Does the fitting of a regulator allow for a higher fill pressure as it controls the pressure at the firing mechanism ?
    Yes
    As the safety burst disc is in the lower pressure side, or some Ive seen have removed that and fitted a plug anyway
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Hi ihave the kral jumbo 177 and fitted a altros reg it has a 400cc bottle i get 350 good shots on the reg

Yes
    As the safety burst disc is in the lower pressure side, or some Ive seen have removed that and fitted a plug anyway
    Thanks for the reply , strange that the burst washer is on the low pressure side . On a dive air cylinder it would be before the valve .
    The reason I asked was if fitting a smaller carbon buddy bottle you could retain the shot count .
    I couldn't find one on Aliexpress , but had a nosey on Best fittings to get an idea of price , something for the future.

@Alan's , cheers that's good to know . 3/4 of a tin before a refill is quite impressive.

Thanks guys .

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Tales View Post
    Thanks for the reply , strange that the burst washer is on the low pressure side . On a dive air cylinder it would be before the valve .
    The reason I asked was if fitting a smaller carbon buddy bottle you could retain the shot count .
    I couldn't find one on Aliexpress , but had a nosey on Best fittings to get an idea of price , something for the future.

@Alan's , cheers that's good to know . 3/4 of a tin before a refill is quite impressive.

Thanks guys .
    A very quick search
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...%21rec%21UK%21

The burst disc ends up low pressure side once regulator is fitted

Thumbs up

A very quick search
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...%21rec%21UK%21

The burst disc ends up low pressure side once regulator is fitted

Thanks , very well priced .����

It'll be somewhere down the line , just planning ahead . Unfortunately , I have a tendency for every gun I buy to become a project because factory rifles are never quite as I'd like them .