Thread: Crosman 2240xl

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Crosman 2240xl

I love a Crosman me! The pump and co2 pistols are particularly fun for plinking adventures. Last year I started thinking about getting another 2240, but interneting threw up hits on the new 2240xl.

Well hallo! That looks a good idea, a 2240 with the steel breech already fitted

I have patiently been waiting for them to reach Europe, but apart from a shop in Sweden, I have come up with nothing.

Any one have any info/news/leads?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    That looks like the long breech which is less than ideal as the pellet consistently gets caught in the securing screw hole unless you fill it with wax or something...

Much better is the short breech as fitted to the 2300T pistols which is tucked under the bolt.
    Not sure if they can be fitted directly to the 2240's without modifying the tube though?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    That looks like the long breech which is less than ideal as the pellet consistently gets caught in the securing screw hole unless you fill it with wax or something...

Much better is the short breech as fitted to the 2300T pistols which is tucked under the bolt.
    Not sure if they can be fitted directly to the 2240's without modifying the tube though?
    The last Crosman long breech I bought was off a 2250AS which had the securing screw hole under the bolt so that the pellet couldn't get caught in it.

All the best Mick

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The last Crosman long breech I bought was off a 2250AS which had the securing screw hole under the bolt so that the pellet couldn't get caught in it.

All the best Mick
    Actually having just checked my 2250XL - that also has the screw under the bolt as well.
    However, all the 2240's I've put the Crosman metal breech on, have had the screw in the loading port...

Worth checking which the 2240XL has?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Actually having just checked my 2250XL - that also has the screw under the bolt as well.
    However, all the 2240's I've put the Crosman metal breech on, have had the screw in the loading port...

Worth checking which the 2240XL has?

I thought that the screw position could be related to the age of the gun, but the 2240 parts diagram just shows the screw in front of the bolt. :-

image.jpg

Thinking about it you could fit the 2250XL long breech with rear mounted screw to a 2240 by just drilling and tapping another hole and filing the top off the hammer.

All the best Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I've seen tubes with both securing screw position, so i figured it was a transitional thing...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Crosman 2300xl

These will not be coming to the UK I have tried contacting Crosman and asked if they could make them the same power as 2240 but as yet no reply.

I don't really see the issue with the position of the screw. As noted above a dab of wax sorts it.
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

BTW Tinners, I used to play with Crosmans. Then more recently when I wanted a CO2 to play with I bought a CP2 rifle/pistol combo. I find it so much better than a Crosman and can't see myself playing with any 22xx products again.
    Worth a go unless your are dead set on a Crosman.
    Rich.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    BTW Tinners, I used to play with Crosmans. Then more recently when I wanted a CO2 to play with I bought a CP2 rifle/pistol combo. I find it so much better than a Crosman and can't see myself playing with any 22xx products again.
    Worth a go unless your are dead set on a Crosman.
    Rich.
    I’ve had a few of both, I just find the Crosman a better size for putting in my pocket. I did make a shortened version a few years back which was even better, but a bit loud

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I’ve had a few of both, I just find the Crosman a better size for putting in my pocket. I did make a shortened version a few years back which was even better, but a bit loud
    Ah yes, I remember seeing that we beastie!